Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one at Everton actually said we'd only sell for £75m did they ? A paper reported it and now it's spoken as fact.

Nothing new a paper reporting or quoting something Rom has supposedly said and some take it as gospel and react accordingly, amusing really watching or rather reading people flap.

If we do keep rom ,can we afford a disinterested player sulking up front for the first 10 games until the penny drops he is here for a while. His performance at the end of last year was like I'm off I can't be arsed. We al want a fully motivated rom firing for us this year ,money can't replace him, but if not lets get a deal done.

If we do keep rom ,can we afford a disinterested player sulking up front for the first 10 games until the penny drops he is here for a while. His performance at the end of last year was like I'm off I can't be arsed. We al want a fully motivated rom firing for us this year ,money can't replace him, but if not lets get a deal done.
Is Rom becoming a scapegoat for performances at the end of last season? The performances of pretty much every player the last few weeks were unacceptable. The whole team couldn't be arsed and wasn't playing for the Manager. To single him out is a bit unfair on the lad. If he stays *fingers crossed* he will be an absolute beast, all those games we were leading, mostly due to his goals, only to be let down by our defence. Add Ashley Williams, keep Rom. That's a massive swing right there.

Is Rom becoming a scapegoat for performances at the end of last season? The performances of pretty much every player the last few weeks were unacceptable. The whole team couldn't be arsed and wasn't playing for the Manager. To single him out is a bit unfair on the lad. If he stays *fingers crossed* he will be an absolute beast, all those games we were leading, mostly due to his goals, only to be let down by our defence. Add Ashley Williams, keep Rom. That's a massive swing right there.

Yeah, I think it's fair to say his attitude began to change AFTER the rest of the team started to collapse.

I could accept that about rom if he'd been at least respectful of the club paying him handsomely for 10 games where he showed no desire or effort. Instead he would run the club down any chance he got and put himself in the shop window with the media. All that went kaput in France because he got caught up in his own hype and stopped doing what has got him to where he is in his career. Scoring goals. If he stays he needs to sort his head out and get on with it. If he's going to be a baby about it then he's got to go. Yeah a lot of the players were woeful towards the back end of the season but they weren't vocal about how much better they are than everton. If you're better then show it.

And to be fair to Lukaku he carried us last season no doubt about it. Top players do that though, they don't go missing 10 games a season.

Selling him for £75m would not be the worst case either, if Chelsea are willing to pay that, he is replacable. I am absolutely relaxed about it - we are almost surely keeping Romelu and if not, we are getting absolutely stupid amount of money for him. I am confident in Koeman to do a full rebuild if needed. He was exceptional in Southampton after they sold Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Lambert and Chambers.

Selling him for £75m would not be the worst case either, if Chelsea are willing to pay that, he is replacable. I am absolutely relaxed about it - we are almost surely keeping Romelu and if not, we are getting absolutely stupid amount of money for him. I am confident in Koeman to do a full rebuild if needed. He was exceptional in Southampton after they sold Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Lambert and Chambers.

IS he replaceable though? Who is gonna match his goalscoring record? And of those, how many are going to choose Everton over a Champions League club?

Nothing new a paper reporting or quoting something Rom has supposedly said and some take it as gospel and react accordingly, amusing really watching or rather reading people flap.

Im not convinced the club have said anyhting on the subject at all and this doesnt help. Just adds to the speculation and fans anxiety. Id rather the club come out and either state he isnt for sale or he can go for what ever price they feel is acceptable. An give the other clubs a dead line so we can move on from this.

lollollollollol

He would be very difficult to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back