Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is did Lukaku ever say he was better than the club ? We bang on about loyalty, but as soon as a player is deemed not good enough ,it doesn't matter whether he's a lifelong blue or stuck with the club through bad times we want him out. We are all hypocrites sadly.

Reactions: DRM
Honestly mate we won't be able to replace him, there's no way we are getting a 20 goal a season striker to come here.
Not really true. Just need the right one.

Gramero was a free transfer and fringe player at psg then showed up in Spain and banged them in. So for arguments sake a striker who was cast off my psg ended up proving himself elsewhere. So it's just hoping the striker you sign actually can score, and up to the rest to xreate for him.

Not really true. Just need the right one.

Gramero was a free transfer and fringe player at psg then showed up in Spain and banged them in. So for arguments sake a striker who was cast off my psg ended up proving himself elsewhere. So it's just hoping the striker you sign actually can score, and up to the rest to xreate for him.

That's needle in a haystack stuff, and not really a model we can afford to try and replicate. If we don't score goals this season, we're worse off than last season.

I think we can find a better combination with the money, not saying I want him gone but anything over £60m represents good business.

I think we can find a better combination with the money, not saying I want him gone but anything over £60m represents good business.

Who, though? That's the big question. We're struggling to buy players with the apparent £100m we've already got! More money isn't our problem right now.

That's needle in a haystack stuff, and not really a model we can afford to try and replicate. If we don't score goals this season, we're worse off than last season.
Thing is clubs can do that needle in a haystack over and over again. Porto, athletico to name a couple can always replace talent for talent and most of the time they are players under the radar at the time.

Long term thing here sure, but im just saying it is possible for example with Gramero that goals can be replaced if you find the right striker for the team

Thing is clubs can do that needle in a haystack over and over again. Porto, athletico to name a couple can always replace talent for talent and most of the time they are players under the radar at the time.

Long term thing here sure, but im just saying it is possible for example with Gramero that goals can be replaced if you find the right striker for the team

Now that the backroom team is coming together, that's OK for next summer, so we've got the year to look around, certainly. Don't think we have enough time for that this summer though.

Look, if it gets bad after he's gone, we can always bring Niasse back from loan....

giphy.gif

Easy cop out saying who could replace him. Probably dozens of players round the world.

The other belgium striker chelsea have bought was available for 7mil a year ago now hes a 30mil player. Im pretty sure there are players out there who could replace lukaku who havent played for a top club yet so havent had the exsposure.

Easy cop out saying who could replace him. Probably dozens of players round the world.

The other belgium striker chelsea have bought was available for 7mil a year ago now hes a 30mil player. Im pretty sure there are players out there who could replace lukaku who havent played for a top club yet so havent had the exsposure.

1 He hasn't scored 20 goals in a Premier League season yet.

2 He wouldn't have signed for us. Which is the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back