Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which just highlights how difficult it is to find strikers who can score goals...
I'd be happy to have a striker who scored a few less goals but contributed more in terms of holdup work and bringing others into play.

The ball not sticking up top is a major issue for me. Everton have been struggling to win games for two years with Lukaku leading the line, so I wouldn't be arsed at all to see the back of him, or anyone else for that matter.

Well, we haven't bought anyone. So unless we haven't actually tried to buy anyone, we seem to be struggling. I refuse to believe that every single back page story is made up.
I'm not suggesting everything is made up, but you have little idea of what is going on behind the scenes, yet you are drawing conclusions based on what exactly? You seem intent on bemoaning our situation, that's you're right, but I happen to disagree. I doubt if many of the players we've been linked with are genuine targets and I don't think Rom is worth £60m any more than he is irreplaceable.

....we need to buy somebody else and keep him. It's lunacy to only have one capable striker in the entire club.
Personally, there should be a minimum of three capable natural strikers (so by that I mean by merit in or around the XI) in a squad.

Anything less for me is negligent, but unfortunately in the last few years we've become accustomed to less or using stop gap measures instead.

Alex Ferguson always insisted that he had four strikers in his team so you could have two up front with other alternatives; covers injury as well.

So we should be looking at keeping Rom, adding at least another one quality striker and then having Tarashaj. Delboy and Kev can add the other.

Only hope we have of buying anyone close to decent this window is too keep Lukaku, let him go we can forget top 6 maybe even top 8.
Who is going to want to come to a club that has no decent goal scorer up front but let's one go while at the same time makes out they don't need the money ?

I'd be happy to have a striker who scored a few less goals but contributed more in terms of holdup work and bringing others into play.

The ball not sticking up top is a major issue for me. Everton have been struggling to win games for two years with Lukaku leading the line, so I wouldn't be arsed at all to see the back of him, or anyone else for that matter.

He couldn't do it all on his own though mate, and at times it felt like that the way we were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back