Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, there should be a minimum of three capable natural strikers (so by that I mean by merit in or around the XI) in a squad.

Anything less for me is negligent, but unfortunately in the last few years we've become accustomed to less or using stop gap measures instead.

Alex Ferguson always insisted that he had four strikers in his team so you could have two up front with other alternatives; covers injury as well.

So we should be looking at keeping Rom, adding at least another one quality striker and then having Tarashaj. Delboy and Kev can add the other.

To be fair, it was easier for Ferguson to keep two top class non starting strikers happy as they would have been picking up league title medals and featuring regularly in the CL and the latter stages of the domestic cups.

EFC has not been a position to keep non starting top class players happy in decades.

I will say with almost absolute certainty that Lukaku is not leaving this window. There would have to be a huge change of thinking by Raiola, Lukaku and the club for this to happen.

Esk just dropped this bomb in the Moshiri thread.

EFC has not been a position to keep non starting top class players happy in decades.
But who said they must be top class? My points was that I'd expect at least three strikers who are capable of challenging in the Premier League.

Last year we only had Rom who I'd say was a capable forward of anywhere near PL standard across the year. Koné? Let's not start on Niasse.

Naismith would have probably made it two yet he was allowed to leave. The season before we only had the sulking Eto'o for a few months as well.

My point is that we simply cannot rely on Rom for goals if we want to compete. He needs competition and we need more depth in that position.

Hence why I said I'd be content with Rom, another striker, the Swiss lad and then other players filling in as it would mean we'd have options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back