Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy cop out saying who could replace him. Probably dozens of players round the world.

The other belgium striker chelsea have bought was available for 7mil a year ago now hes a 30mil player. Im pretty sure there are players out there who could replace lukaku who havent played for a top club yet so havent had the exsposure.

but, that doesn't mean you let your best player leave. one who guarantees goals...

you get a decent back-up in this summer who hopefully proves they can fill the void when Rom does leave.

Seems to me that all this talk of "We'll only pay £40m for Stones (City)" and "Chelsea on verge of signing Lukaku for £60m (Daily Fail)" has been placed there by the two clubs through their journo friends to give us the hurry up.

I say, give them the fingers Farhad ........ you know you really want to

Is Rom becoming a scapegoat for performances at the end of last season? The performances of pretty much every player the last few weeks were unacceptable. The whole team couldn't be arsed and wasn't playing for the Manager. To single him out is a bit unfair on the lad. If he stays *fingers crossed* he will be an absolute beast, all those games we were leading, mostly due to his goals, only to be let down by our defence. Add Ashley Williams, keep Rom. That's a massive swing right there.
Yep lets keep our fingers crossed that he turns up next year. It's not like our whole striking options for the season depend on it or anything.

Who, though? That's the big question. We're struggling to buy players with the apparent £100m we've already got! More money isn't our problem right now.

Who says we're struggling to sign players? We've seen reports on a daily basis linking us with all and sundry, but how many were or are genuine targets? You have no idea (and nor do I) whether we're struggling to attract, but if you want to believe all the stuff on the back pages carry on. If Rom goes then so be it, he was important to us last season because the team was so poor, but if RK can add quality and improve the team he will be less of a miss.

Who says we're struggling to sign players? We've seen reports on a daily basis linking us with all and sundry, but how many were or are genuine targets? You have no idea (and nor do I) whether we're struggling to attract, but if you want to believe all the stuff on the back pages carry on. If Rom goes then so be it, he was important to us last season because the team was so poor, but if RK can add quality and improve the team he will be less of a miss.

Well, we haven't bought anyone. So unless we haven't actually tried to buy anyone, we seem to be struggling. I refuse to believe that every single back page story is made up.

We won't be able to replace him. Lets give him a new contract and a reason to stay I.E a decent to team play with.

Rom must stay. If anyone has to be sold then I would prefer it was Stones.

Later it goes in the window with no top signings more likely it is the lad will want to go. He's presumably been promised large scale strengthening and we're struggling.

Nonetheless he should be sold under no circumstances. Just better to make him want to be here

Later it goes in the window with no top signings more likely it is the lad will want to go. He's presumably been promised large scale strengthening and we're struggling.

Nonetheless he should be sold under no circumstances. Just better to make him want to be here
Why would the club bow to what an individual player wants? Everton is not Lukaku's to control

£60m would be too cheap - closer to £70m and I'd be fine with it.

Can't see both him and Stones going though, unless Moshiri is a huge fraud and here to milk the club dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back