Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. People who are suggesting we could replace Rom with anything near a similar quality is being overwhelmed by Evertonian sentiment.
That's only true if we are going to get a fully focused as determined Lukaku and NOT the imposter who has played for us since the Chelsea game.

No Evertonian in their right mind would want shut of a committed Lukaku. Will we get it?

At last someone talking sense! I would take 35-40m and frog March him out of the club, he's not even that great tbh
...but then we would be cutting our nose off to spite our face. I appreciate Lukaku's heart is not fully with Everton Football Club, but his professional contract (and his professionalism), gives Everton the trump cards.
I cut him a lot of slack in his ill-advised comments and demeanour of petulance. Playing under El Fraudo would have been soul-destroying

That's only true if we are going to get a fully focused as determined Lukaku and NOT the imposter who has played for us since the Chelsea game.

No Evertonian in their right mind would want shut of a committed Lukaku. Will we get it?

Fair point, but I suspect his appetite will be somewhat improved by the massive wage hike he'll no doubt land once we tell him he's going nowhere this window.

As I've said before, Rom certainly wasn't anywhere near playing at his best during the last few weeks of the season. Yet neither were others!

I'm also a strong advocate of suggesting that too often people have misconstrued his comments at the end of last season and judge him on that.

Maybe it is too early to tell, however I think a new regime under Koeman and impetus from above will hopefully propel Rom back to his best.

If it doesn't? Then I can't see his value diminishing so there'll always be an opportunity to sell, but I'm confident he'll score copious goals this season.

Basically, the last few weeks and months under Martinez were utterly horrendous so I won't judge others too harshly when under that situation.

Losing rom would make players even more reluctant to join us if anything

This!
And ironacially it would also prove his (unspoken) point that to get to the next level he has to leave. If we keep him it would send a message to him as well as potential other players.

Looks like Chelsea are set up to make one final offer and that is it. Also seems like we still owe Chelsea some transfer money out of the £28 mill not sure if that is true or not but would have a bearing on how much money we get out of the transfer fee if Lukaku were to be sold.

As I've said before, Rom certainly wasn't anywhere near playing at his best during the last few weeks of the season. Yet neither were others!

I'm also a strong advocate of suggesting that too often people have misconstrued his comments at the end of last season and judge him on that.

Maybe it is too early to tell, however I think a new regime under Koeman and impetus from above will hopefully propel Rom back to his best.

If it doesn't? Then I can't see his value diminishing so there'll always be an opportunity to sell, but I'm confident he'll score copious goals this season.

Basically, the last few weeks and months under Martinez were utterly horrendous so I won't judge others too harshly when under that situation.

That was true for the whole team.

Looks like Chelsea are set up to make one final offer and that is it. Also seems like we still owe Chelsea some transfer money out of the £28 mill not sure if that is true or not but would have a bearing on how much money we get out of the transfer fee if Lukaku were to be sold.
This has been overplayed in the media. Of course we still owe Chelsea money, as transfers are paid over the course of a contract. That is not out of the ordinary. Lukaku will not be sold to Chelsea, because of money owed, it will be because either koeman, firstly wants to sell him and secondly Chelsea pay the 'asking' price.

If he does hand in a transfer request to try and force a move is that it?

Just imagine how much the crowd would turn against him if he does !

only fear is he will run his contract down whilst not being arsed to perform and we will get a smaller fee or nothing,, he doesnt seem to be happy playing for us,,,

Yes, but which 'top' club would sign a player like that? Would be cutting his nose off to spite his face. Only way would be to 'play' for the move he wants a la Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back