Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will get worse once the Pogba deal is concluded and Rom's super agent is free to whore his client around again. At the moment the noise is mostly coming from Chelsea and their London based journo mates.

Not sure that's quite right. Of course Chelsea will have fed snippets but it's the real noise is from the Lukaku camp. They are cranking up the pressure bit by bit some no doubt is being fed to the manger and some fed to friendly journalists but the absence of a statement either by word or action( extended contract) is the loudest message as to what Lukaku wants.

Koeman is a far different manger that Martinez. His history, in the main,is that players that want out aren't kept. It's far too lucrative for a player and hence his agent for a transfer to be concluded without a transfer request in writing so that's a step for later in the window.

We saw last year how a supposed statemnt about not selling a player pans out and if Lukaku is intent ongoing then I really don't see any merit in keeping him all the time trying to get as much as you can but time is ticking on and players need to be brought in very soon .

Why?

Because I believe that Lukaku isnt worth 70m?

Potentially selling him for more than the RS got for Suarez

Not sure how Suarez is relevant.

If you think selling one of the most prolific strikers in the league for £70m is a good idea for the club then you're clearly not looking at the big picture.

How exactly do you suppose we'll attract players to a club who have just sold one of their best ?

What chance do we have when our best players want to get away as soon as another club comes sniffing, and we can't even attract players like Witsel and Mata. Annoying as hell

Apparently...

Absolute joke by the board. Kenwright, Woods, Elstone, etc are all still playing roles there, so we really have expected any different?

Williams, Gueye, etc are really going to move us up from 11th.

Exactly. Nothing has changed and it's getting embarrassing listening to other Blues thinking we've hit the jackpot big time. Yes we're debt free now and that's great but we're still a mid-table club with mid-table players and selling Lukaku just bolsters that fact.

Not sure how Suarez is relevant.

If you think selling one of the most prolific strikers in the league for £70m is a good idea for the club then you're clearly not looking at the big picture.

How exactly do you suppose we'll attract players to a club who have just sold one of their best ?
I agree mate. Money is like confetti nowadays...its representation of 'value' is all skewiff.
Lukaku needs to be given every (re)-opportunity to show his wares in our colours.

I guess our big enemy is time. I genuinely feel the Martinez 'work-out' is a two season affair. I cannot, with any confidence, portend his sticking around for that haul.

Martinez has a lot to answer for.

The thing is, he's said nothing since the Euros.
Because he's too embarassed. He was all talk before the games cause he thought he will have boss games and after that theres many top teams after him. But I turned out to be nightmare for him.

No team will pay even £60m.

He will be our spear head next season with big fat new contract in his back pocket.

Has he ONCE said he wants to Leave since the last fiasco? After the euros and his display at Wembley, he must know he needs at least another 30 plus season to be picked up by a big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back