Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's too embarassed. He was all talk before the games cause he thought he will have boss games and after that theres many top teams after him. But I turned out to be nightmare for him.

No team will pay even £60m.

He will be our spear head next season with big fat new contract in his back pocket.

As long as he's banging them in 20 times a season for us, he can talk as much crap as his heart desires.

Top player. We need more like him to do anything.

Not sure that's quite right. Of course Chelsea will have fed snippets but it's the real noise is from the Lukaku camp. They are cranking up the pressure bit by bit some no doubt is being fed to the manger and some fed to friendly journalists but the absence of a statement either by word or action( extended contract) is the loudest message as to what Lukaku wants.

Koeman is a far different manger that Martinez. His history, in the main,is that players that want out aren't kept. It's far too lucrative for a player and hence his agent for a transfer to be concluded without a transfer request in writing so that's a step for later in the window.

We saw last year how a supposed statemnt about not selling a player pans out and if Lukaku is intent ongoing then I really don't see any merit in keeping him all the time trying to get as much as you can but time is ticking on and players need to be brought in very soon .
We did see stonesys form dip big time last season. Great post, the only thing you missed is the effect it has on future transfers mate, how many young stars will turn down everton after seeing how we have blocked moves for John and rom... If I wasn't a fan, I was 22 years old and had a very bright future ahead of me, the last club I would be signing for is a club that don't let me move on to play champions league when Im at that level. Rom gave the club 3 seasons, and nothing changed. Blame bill and bobby for the lack of quality, not the lad that

For me the only reason to sell Lukaku is if he wants to go. The amount is already at a fair enough point if reports are to be believed. I think he would have gone last year if he had his way, so this would be dragging on for 2 years now.. time to let him go if its what he wants.

Well, we're loaded. Aren't we?
We can just buy whoever we want, can't we?

Which level headed Evertonian thought that though? Would have thought it was a minority of deluded supporters and the piss taking RS.

It's obvious that we would struggle to attract "top names" after finishing 11th in the past 2 seasons. I do think it's been a frustrating window so far with names like Witsel and Mata rumoured for a while and nothing being sorted, and then Arnautovic apparently being close to a move and it not materialising.

But I still expect us to make some good signings before the season starts, and before the window ends in late August. If we can get Williams in, that will be a good addition as a physical no nonsense defender is something we lacked under Martinez. The age doesn't concern me either as it provides cover for another 2 years while some of the younger defenders like Browning and Galloway gain more experience.

If we start the season with this current team/squad then I think people are right to be concerned.

Apparently...

Absolute joke by the board. Kenwright, Woods, Elstone, etc are all still playing roles there, so we really have expected any different?

Williams, Gueye, etc are really going to move us up from 11th.
I really believe williams will get us in the top 10 mate, keep in mind that we lost at least 10 points last season in the last minute. I think his experience and game management will be a huge asset. Combined with Koemans game management and a solid gk I think we will jump up a few spots. Other then that, your opinion on the board is one I couldn't agree more with!

I really believe williams will get us in the top 10 mate, keep in mind that we lost at least 10 points last season in the last minute. I think his experience and game management will be a huge asset. Combined with Koemans game management and a solid gk I think we will jump up a few spots. Other then that, your opinion on the board is one I couldn't agree more with!
Signing Williams will move us up one place mate? You on the four X?

Which level headed Evertonian thought that though? Would have thought it was a minority of deluded supporters and the piss taking RS.

It's obvious that we would struggle to attract "top names" after finishing 11th in the past 2 seasons. I do think it's been a frustrating window so far with names like Witsel and Mata rumoured for a while and nothing being sorted, and then Arnautovic apparently being close to a move and it not materialising.

But I still expect us to make some good signings before the season starts, and before the window ends in late August. If we can get Williams in, that will be a good addition as a physical no nonsense defender is something we lacked under Martinez. The age doesn't concern me either as it provides cover for another 2 years while some of the younger defenders like Browning and Galloway gain more experience.

If we start the season with this current team/squad then I think people are right to be concerned.
With regards your first paragraph there were a great many who thought exactly that. Loadsamoney Everton. Not me I might add.
The thing I see is that it is only at this stage of the pre season we are seeing more and more posts like yours slowly coming round to reality.
A season of consolidation awaits, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back