Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is have Everton actually said 75? Because if they have I wish they would if just said "no, not for sale for any price" so all this nonsense would come to an end.
From a Business point of view selling Lukaku would be madness, ok maybe not as bad as News Corp buying My Space but it would just be suicide.
Record season ticket sales, everyone excited right now as the box comes in the post, are they really going to ruin that and flog the most important player we have right before the season starts? Did we really say to Koeman, come to Everton but by the way we are gong to sell the only goal scorer we have on you? No chance.

If we still owe Chelsea finds from his original transfer (let's face it, we probably do) then the fee we get will be more modest.

The issue is that if we get, say, £50m for him can anyone name any strikers of his quality or pricetag who would sign for us rag tag bunch as we currently are?

If we still owe Chelsea finds from his original transfer (let's face it, we probably do) then the fee we get will be more modest.

The issue is that if we get, say, £50m for him can anyone name any strikers of his quality or pricetag who would sign for us rag tag bunch as we currently are?

Is there a chance Koeman may yet decide Rom isn't the striker for him. At Southampton he played Long who ran all game and put defenders under pressure (like Geri has done the last couple of matches) and he played Pelle who could hold the ball up and bring others into play. Neither are Rom's strengths. Granted they can't score goals like Lukaku but if the manager favours a similar style to the one he adopted at Southampton he might consider selling Rom if the right fee could be agreed.

With regards your first paragraph there were a great many who thought exactly that. Loadsamoney Everton. Not me I might add.
The thing I see is that it is only at this stage of the pre season we are seeing more and more posts like yours slowly coming round to reality.
A season of consolidation awaits, nothing more, nothing less.

With the frequency of players linked, i'd have expected us to have made a couple more signings so far. But there is still time left, people just need to be patient. We may even find someone like Williams coming in, could strengthen us considerably. I don't believe our defence is as bad as it was made to look last season. It was a confidence thing, lack of leadership and poor direction from the manager.

We also can't forget that Deulofeu could play far more games this time around and Mirallas will be given more of a chance.

Another thing, Chelsea fans gave Rom so much stick after he left, why would he want to go and play for them? Seriously can't see any attraction with that club.

Is there a chance Koeman may yet decide Rom isn't the striker for him. At Southampton he played Long who ran all game and put defenders under pressure (like Geri has done the last couple of matches) and he played Pelle who could hold the ball up and bring others into play. Neither are Rom's strengths. Granted they can't score goals like Lukaku but if the manager favours a similar style to the one he adopted at Southampton he might consider selling Rom if the right fee could be agreed.

If he had Lukaku at Southampton I guarantee he would have played instead of Long and Pelle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back