Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joao Mario is a Midfielder mate....

Because you couldn't possibly be suggesting a Mario that is a striker.
With the frequency of players linked, i'd have expected us to have made a couple more signings so far. But there is still time left, people just need to be patient. We may even find someone like Williams coming in, could strengthen us considerably. I don't believe our defence is as bad as it was made to look last season. It was a confidence thing, lack of leadership and poor direction from the manager.

We also can't forget that Deulofeu could play far more games this time around and Mirallas will be given more of a chance.
Accepting that time is running out, I personally don't think Williams signing would be a bad thing.
Like many others I only saw what he can be capable of during the Euros and given we were sometimes paper thin at the back, him coming can only be a good thing.

If we still owe Chelsea finds from his original transfer (let's face it, we probably do) then the fee we get will be more modest.

The issue is that if we get, say, £50m for him can anyone name any strikers of his quality or pricetag who would sign for us rag tag bunch as we currently are?
If we still owe money it just means we pay less for him in the first place. The net effect is exactly the same.

if the ungrateful cnut is off to chelsea then am i the only one who'll find it hilarious this season to be on the other end of watching rom beasted by ashley williams for 180 minutes?

Not sure if £75m would be enough for Everton to buy the world-class striker it takes to keep the best team since '85 in the top twelve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back