Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big bid from Chelski is coming, they could bid 100m and we would still say no, but if he's going to sulk and not apply himself then we may as well sell.

I'm positive Moshiri is not interested in selling him at any price, he wants us in the the CL and we stand a better chance if Lukaku is here, but will he throw the toys out the pram if we get a good offer from chelski and turn it down?
What do we do so late in the window if we sell, even for 100m? Can't sell now even if we were contemplating it.

Big bid from Chelski is coming, they could bid 100m and we would still say no, but if he's going to sulk and not apply himself then we may as well sell.

I'm positive Moshiri is not interested in selling him at any price, he wants us in the the CL and we stand a better chance if Lukaku is here, but will he throw the toys out the pram if we get a good offer from chelski and turn it down?

Don't say that too loud Quint, some people are convinced he's here to do a Portsmouth.

Why have we not sold him yet then?

Been sulking for 7 months or so, the massive baby.

Its a statement of strength and our ambition. No one is bigger than the club.

Or the club has learnt the lesson of last season re Stones and how keeping a player that wants out can be celebrated in the moment but that glee will almost have a negative impact as the season progresses.

Chelsea fan in peace here lads, hope you are all well.

Not too sure exactly where the clubs are at with this deal if there is one at all. I'm not in anyway surprised that we are supposedly chasing Lukaku as he shouldn't of been allowed to leave in the first place, another piece of stupidity by our board but hey that is us for youlol

Having watched us over the weekend I'm not 100% convinced lukaku is what Koeman wants up front.

He's a finisher. He's not going to press for 90 mins. It wouldn't play to his strengths at all. Wouldn't surprise me to see him gone.

We aren't selling him this summer. Chelsea aren't bidding for him and he probably will sign a new contract with a release clause so its easier for him to go next season.

I will maintain this whilst heads fall off all summer long. Koeman isn't going to get rid of him because he isn't his type of striker neither, because the fella scores for fun even in a martinez team.

We aren't selling him this summer. Chelsea aren't bidding for him and he probably will sign a new contract with a release clause so its easier for him to go next season.

I will maintain this whilst heads fall off all summer long. Koeman isn't going to get rid of him because he isn't his type of striker neither, because the fella scores for fun even in a martinez team.
Sounds like a sensible summary, I vote for you

Having watched us over the weekend I'm not 100% convinced lukaku is what Koeman wants up front.

He's a finisher. He's not going to press for 90 mins. It wouldn't play to his strengths at all. Wouldn't surprise me to see him gone.

There's nothing physically stopping him from adopting a more pressing style. If Shane Long can do it, so can he. He's got the physical atributes to terrorise defenders. Question is has he got the aggression & the desire to improve? Or does he believe he's the finished article or he knows better than Koeman?
Only him & the management team know that.

Pelle wasnt exactly mobile. He was a focal point that Mane and Tadic played off/in behind.

Lukaku has more to his game as well as that. And pace.

The price is 75 million, apparently. They can have him if they pay it. If not, go away.

I just hope we've got someone lined up in this window if he does go.

Edit. Charlie Austin, eh? At short notice and a shortage of other available talent, why not?

We know he can score goals in this league and that's all Rom does.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back