Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would blame him, Everton have built a decent squad and now we have money things are really looking up, apart from our defending. When he joined he must have been told a plan,perhaps it hasn't worked out as quick as we would like, but now wants to jump ship, rather than stay and help us to get the glory years back. If he goes I won't be wishing him luck, i will just see him in the Rooney and Lescot bracket, (I don't blame Rooney quite as much as he was very young at the time and the team and finances were dire) I just wish players would treat the club with respect, rather than mouthing off to the media.
Generally speaking, players don't give a sh8t about the club they play for. I can see it from both sides, so not sure if I blame him or not.

Is there an irony to people saying keep Lukaku at all costs and criticising him for stating his desire to play in the champions league and especially as hehas clearly outgrown the team than to us fans happily wanting Howard/Osman etc gone because he is of no use to us anymore and being upset if they digged their heels in and stayed (if they had longer contracts)?

Nobody is blaming him for wanting to play in the Champions League. What people are blaming him for is for opening his idiot mouth whenever he goes away on international duty - it disrespects the club he is contracted to and the fans, and is highly unprofessional.

Were under no pressure to sell.We hold all the cards here.If he goes he goes.This football club will go on.All these players and managers are just people passing through the joint over the years.Obviously i hope Rom stays but if he goes Everton FC will continue to exist, move on and attract other players.

I would blame him, Everton have built a decent squad and now we have money things are really looking up, apart from our defending. When he joined he must have been told a plan,perhaps it hasn't worked out as quick as we would like, but now wants to jump ship, rather than stay and help us to get the glory years back. If he goes I won't be wishing him luck, i will just see him in the Rooney and Lescot bracket, (I don't blame Rooney quite as much as he was very young at the time and the team and finances were dire) I just wish players would treat the club with respect, rather than mouthing off to the media.

LOL

WowZ0r

Reactions: DRM
He was led up the garden path by the Sky reporter but when he said "it would be nice to play in the Champions League next season" that was the moment I realised he's going. Wasn't wanting to believe it and we could still keep him at least one more year before having to sell. But in reality its a matter of time. Just enjoy until the end of the season.

Nobody is blaming him for wanting to play in the Champions League. What people are blaming him for is for opening his idiot mouth whenever he goes away on international duty - it disrespects the club he is contracted to and the fans, and is highly unprofessional.

Oh come on, he hasnt gone full Mirallas, people are asking him loaded questions and hes answering them truthfully.

I see no disrespect, hes never shown us anything but respect IMO.

I know you dislike the lad, but to accuse him of disrespect is very harsh.

Maybe you mixing up the words of his father with the words hes said or reading Daily Star headlines, IDK.

He was led up the garden path by the Sky reporter but when he said "it would be nice to play in the Champions League next season" that was the moment I realised he's going. Wasn't wanting to believe it and we could still keep him at least one more year before having to sell. But in reality its a matter of time. Just enjoy until the end of the season.

I don't understand your "he's definitely going" point of view, I really don't. And I'm by no means a blind optimist here.

Someone is going to both A- Have to pay around £70m and B- Want to pay that money. There's only about three clubs in world football who can do that.

The way you make it sound, there's a parade of clubs who'll take him, when there simply isn't, and we have no choice but to sell, which we don't.

Unlike Stones, Rom and his agent will kick up a fuss if someone bids the proper money, which will make it harder to keep him, but I maintain that there will need to be one hell of a bid for us to even consider letting him go.

Generally speaking, players don't give a sh8t about the club they play for. I can see it from both sides, so not sure if I blame him or not.
Well how it was portrayed on sky today he has no respect for us at all (sky do like to twist thing though). Players shouldn't really be allow to answer questions about moving when they are under contract, but they should be professional enough to know that themselves. But on the other side of things the club had let us all down holding on to Martinez, he is the main problem at the club.

Oh come on, he hasnt gone full Mirallas, people are asking him loaded questions and hes answering them truthfully.

Maybe you mixing up the words of his father with the words hes said or reading Daily Star headlines, IDK.

There's a difference between expressing a desire to play in the Champions League - which is what he should want - and actively saying he's going to be seeking a move, when he's under contract.

He should have kept his mouth shut and let his agent do the work he's contracted to do for him. By trying to sell himself, he's disrespecting the club and the contract he has.

There's a difference between expressing a desire to play in the Champions League - which is what he should want - and actively saying he's going to be seeking a move, when he's under contract.

He should have kept his mouth shut and let his agent do the work he's contracted to do for him. By trying to sell himself, he's disrespecting the club and the contract he has.

Ive clearly missed him saying he wants to leave.

Can you link me them please.

I’m 23 next summer and I think it would be nice to play in the Champions League next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back