Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive clearly missed him saying he wants to leave.

Can you link me them please.

That is disrespectful. There's a hundred different ways to answer that question.

As I've said many times, he should want to leave the club and if I were him I'd be asking my agent to get me a move, but I would have had the respect to keep my mouth shut and get on with the job I'm contracted to do.

Well how it was portrayed on sky today he has no respect for us at all (sky do like to twist thing though). Players shouldn't really be allow to answer questions about moving when they are under contract, but they should be professional enough to know that themselves. But on the other side of things the club had let us all down holding on to Martinez, he is the main problem at the club.
Agree with both points raised

Nobody is blaming him for wanting to play in the Champions League. What people are blaming him for is for opening his idiot mouth whenever he goes away on international duty - it disrespects the club he is contracted to and the fans, and is highly unprofessional.
100% agree, they fall for the bait from the media every time.

That is disrespectful. There's a hundred different ways to answer that question.

As I've said many times, he should want to leave the club and if I were him I'd be asking my agent to get me a move, but I would have had the respect to keep my mouth shut and get on with the job I'm contracted to do.

"Maybe, yes. You never know."

Is hardly "Get me out of here NOW".

But I guess we all have different views on spec.

I would blame him, Everton have built a decent squad and now we have money things are really looking up, apart from our defending. When he joined he must have been told a plan,perhaps it hasn't worked out as quick as we would like, but now wants to jump ship, rather than stay and help us to get the glory years back. If he goes I won't be wishing him luck, i will just see him in the Rooney and Lescot bracket, (I don't blame Rooney quite as much as he was very young at the time and the team and finances were dire) I just wish players would treat the club with respect, rather than mouthing off to the media.
Just how long is he meant to wait? Don't get me wrong no-one will be sadder to see him go than me. If everyone at the club (starting with the manager) had performed as well as rom this season, then the plan you refer to, might have come to fruition.

100% agree, they fall for the bait from the media every time.

They aren't falling for anything - there's a reason they always say this abroad, so they can claim ignorance if it comes back and bites them on the arse.

They're trying to engineer moves and it happens the same way in the same place at the same time every season.

He's under contract, what a stupid answer, it's the clubs choice.

Shall we boo, moan and groan at him like last season??

What i heard him say is, im 23 in the summer and i want a new 5year deal and to play for Everton forever and to play in the Champions League and win it with my fellow scousers...

Thats what i heard..

Reactions: DRM
I don't understand your "he's definitely going" point of view, I really don't. And I'm by no means a blind optimist here.

Someone is going to both A- Have to pay around £70m and B- Want to pay that money. There's only about three clubs in world football who can do that.

The way you make it sound, there's a parade of clubs who'll take him, when there simply isn't, and we have no choice but to sell, which we don't.

Unlike Stones, Rom and his agent will kick up a fuss if someone bids the proper money, which will make it harder to keep him, but I maintain that there will need to be one hell of a bid for us to even consider letting him go.
My use of the word 'definitely' is used in the context of a figure of speech often used. To be fair, you're right in that I can't (and no one can) really say at this point he's 'defintely going'. I just think he's going to go. I don't want him to and I hope we fight hard to keep him as I understand he's got 3 seasons left on his contract (or at least 2). So we have a good position in that regard. And I agree that we'd want top dollar and all that. I was delighted when we kept Stones last summer and I would be the same if Rom stays. But I just think we'll be even harder pressed with this one. Just my opinion.

I would blame him, Everton have built a decent squad and now we have money things are really looking up, apart from our defending. When he joined he must have been told a plan,perhaps it hasn't worked out as quick as we would like, but now wants to jump ship, rather than stay and help us to get the glory years back. If he goes I won't be wishing him luck, i will just see him in the Rooney and Lescot bracket, (I don't blame Rooney quite as much as he was very young at the time and the team and finances were dire) I just wish players would treat the club with respect, rather than mouthing off to the media.
Looking up? LOL.

We're 12th after finishing 11th last season. We're certainly not looking up with this clown in charge.

He should have said I want to leave for a team that doesn't have a Sunday league manager, then perhaps the board would listen, Martinez is to blame for all this, he rarely plays Mirallas or Deloufeu anymore, what's that all a bout. We need a manager change quick.

Looking up? LOL.

We're 12th after finishing 11th last season. We're certainly not looking up with this clown in charge.
I did mention the defending, and I have commented many times in the last years Martinez needs to go, with a half decent manager we will be going up very quick. The only problem is Martinez, then he gets us to the semi which will at least give him until the end of the season, I'd sacrifice a cup win to get him gone now.

"Maybe, yes. You never know."

Is hardly "Get me out of here NOW".

But I guess we all have different views on spec.

Missed out where he says " no, I'm happy at Everton and staying".

Where is that bit mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back