Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess it is 50/50 with Lukaku" he has already said he is excited about next year, just got a feeling PSG will come in big for him which I think he will find hard to turn down.

I suppose that's the challenge now. You can easily pass off one bad season as a blip, but two bad seasons looks more like that's our natural place. In the past, you sense we've been able to get hold of good young players with the promise of game time, but we've already got good young players, I feel we need some already good players to kick on from here.

you may very well be right. if martinez is in charge he has seen now what he can do with the squad structure that he has. interesting to see if he will change anything in that perspective. i think he will acknowledge that he's probs on borrowed time so he might try to go big and lure in some established names in the game cause he needs results fast. and now...he has the money. rom goes...he has it like loads. im not especially worried or anything. i think this situation will slowly turn to the better and we will be whole lot better next year. but theres still plenty to play for this season...

Sky have been absolutely bang out of order with this story. A leading question from a journalist prompts all these articles. They can't wait until United or Chelsea or the like splash the cash on him so he can spearhead their revival for that prime time fanny Jim White, on the national holiday of deadline day.

Look at the many articles they've produced on it. Even the transfer centre is dominated by it, and their report on Belgium v Portgual mentions it too.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/10219968/luks-out-at-everton?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-future-discussed-by-sunday-supplement-panel?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...u-wants-champions-league-football-next-season

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ester-united-or-bayern-munich-says-his-father

That sky interview is pretty conclusive to me that he wants out come the summer. Think big changes would be needed to convince him otherwise.

His dad and him making noises as well as saying his agent is dealing with 'that'

True but alot of people also said they were delighted to get a proven goalscorer with one of the top goal records for young players in all of the top European leagues and 28 million was well worth it . So in other respects times haven't changed.

I bet a lot of those lads who were slagging Lukaku off constantly, are the same lads who are now having a pop at Martinez (the same lads slagging him off for spending £28m) because we may lose Lukaku at the end of the season, how times change hey.

Last edited:
I bet a lot of those lads who were slagging Lukaku off constantly, are the same lads who are now slagging Martinez off because we may lose Lukaku at the end of the season, how times change hey.

......but everybody makes mistakes of judgement, I don't see an issue with that. Opinions change, it's the way things are. There is a general acceptance now that Lukaku is our most important asset and he's making noises about ambitions elsewhere. I think it highly unlikely he'll sign a new contract so it will be a matter of sticking or twisting.

I bet a lot of those lads who were slagging Lukaku off constantly, are the same lads who are now having a pop at Martinez (the same lads slagging him off for spending £28m) because we may lose Lukaku at the end of the season, how times change hey.

People who are 'slagging off Martinez' are basing this on the last 2 seasons of lower half of the table crap with no end in sight.

Perfectly entitled to call for him to go.

He'll stay because he's under a 3 year contract. Unless someone meets our exorbitant asking price.

They didn't with Stones.

People are forgetting that the game had changed in the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back