Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to get a grip, he is clearly not happy and it shows in his play.

By all means have a go at him for lack of effort, but to give him stick as not being very good is ludicrous.

His goal record for WBA and Everton is outstanding and when we lose him he will be very hard to replace.

Correct. I have never seen him get so agitated with other team mates than last night. He was constatntly complaining about lack of service/wrong ball

Correct. I have never seen him get so agitated with other team mates than last night. He was constatntly complaining about lack of service/wrong ball

That is a good sign, if he was just putting in 50% effort until the end of the season he would not care!

Teams setup to nullify him. If he comes to receive the ball, surround him, because he touch and hold up play(although improving) is League 1 standard. We need to get to the byline and cross that is where is most dangerous. Remember his derby goal, the bullet header (ok from a corner) but we rarely use his aerial ability ffs.

Yeah I bet, makes sense to blame our best player then.
You having trouble reading mate? I haven't blamed him. Infact i've even gone as far to say in another post that i'm not blaming him, not only that but i said he was my favourite player.

Seen as how you're in charge of the i love Rom fanclub, let me know how much membership is.

play a 22 year old striker who has been first choice for 3 years, in every single league game without fail, play him pretty much 90 minutes a game, do the same for the crative player behind him so service dries up, drop the other player creating for him for months and then wonder why by april the goals dry up?

If only we spent a fair bit of money buying a back up to him in january, not go mad, 10-14 million for a back up attacker to relieve some pressure on him like most clubs do.

play a 22 year old striker who has been first choice for 3 years, in every single league game without fail, play him pretty much 90 minutes a game, do the same for the crative player behind him so service dries up, drop the other player creating for him for months and then wonder why by april the goals dry up?

If only we spent a fair bit of money buying a back up to him in january, not go mad, 10-14 million for a back up attacker to relieve some pressure on him like most clubs do.

Fair comment, makes complete sense.

I wouldn't be criticising Lukaku at all if it looked like he was still putting a shift in, but he was knackered overall and out of form. My problem with him is that he's looked like he's downed tools completely since the international break.

He could do effectively nothing for the rest of the season and still be our stand out performer this season; but it will be a massive shame if he doesn't finish the job he started this season, as he could have made himself an indispensable purchase for a few big clubs in the summer if he did.

I have the feeling he's downed tools because he's laying the groundwork to force a transfer, and that's by Everton being as bad as possible in the run in to justify his need to move on. And if that's the case, he's bang out of order.

But it's difficult to tell. An out of form Lukaku might just look incredibly lazy, instead of being incredibly lazy.

Fair comment, makes complete sense.

I wouldn't be criticising Lukaku at all if it looked like he was still putting a shift in, but he was knackered overall and out of form. My problem with him is that he's looked like he's downed tools completely since the international break.

He could do effectively nothing for the rest of the season and still be our stand out performer this season; but it will be a massive shame if he doesn't finish the job he started this season, as he could have made himself an indispensable purchase for a few big clubs in the summer if he did.

I have the feeling he's downed tools because he's laying the groundwork to force a transfer, and that's by Everton being as bad as possible in the run in to justify his need to move on. And if that's the case, he's bang out of order.

But it's difficult to tell. An out of form Lukaku might just look incredibly lazy, instead of being incredibly lazy.

That's an incredible assumption to make, and it's far more obvious that he's just knackered and disenchanted with his team mates.

That's an incredible assumption to make, and it's far more obvious that he's just knackered and disenchanted with his team mates.

I just said that was an option. In fact, that was the whole point of the post - it's very possible that an out of form Lukaku just looks not arsed because nothing is going right and he's tired.

I think it could be either option. It wouldn't even pass my mind if not for two things - the contrast in form, and the fact it's happened after his unprofessional media comments during the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back