Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to win trophies, then why did you put in a performance like that at Wembley?

You'll be back on the bench before you know it, getting abuse from fans. Can't wait.

Hate players like him.

And I equally don't like fans who suddenly say a player who bagged 25 goals for a side that finished 11th for the second year running is crap?

He isn't as good as he thinks he is, yet he is easily our best player.

He wants out but we'll also get a shed-load for him. I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to reach the level he thinks he can, cos if he does he'll be some player.

And I equally don't like fans who suddenly say a player who bagged 25 goals for a side that finished 11th for the second year running is crap?

He wants out but we'll also get a shed-load for him. I wish him all the best and hope he goes on to reach the level he thinks he can, cos if he does he'll be some player.
You hope he reaches that level after he has basically belittled the club?

I personally hope his career nose dives and he ends up back in Belgium with some terrible club.

Our best player, why didn't he win player of the year for us.

Hold on to him until august 29th then sell. In the mean time we can easily get Bony in would will score a good amount of goals and will be wanting to prove himself again.

In a few years we will be challenging for titles and im certain will win one before him. He cant even control a football

I get all this wanting to win trophies, champions league footy etc etc but do it with some dignity/respect Rom, The board need to be as strong a they were with Stones last summer, the price is blah blah blah match it and hes yours if not no sale!, personally 60 million would be the price to put on him

He's still under contract to us, it's inevitable that he'll go, but we should really be docking his wages for all this stirring he's doing with the press.

That'd pipe him right down.

A lot you named aren't strikers though mate, and you also have to factor in the 'Premier League premium' - especially in the case of a PL club selling to another PL club.

Swansea finished a point behind us (or on the same points) this season, so why would they sell Sigurdsson to us or, conversely, why would he see that as a step up? Especially if there is also an offer on the table from Leicester (CL). And again, he isn't somebody who can lead the line.

And weirdly enough I'm not trying to be negative haha, just know that it's going to be very difficult.
I'm not saying buy THEM mate. I'm showing that there are lots of players available who can hit 10. To match Lukaku's prem goals we need a striker who can score 10, and a striker who can score 8. It's not the end of the world when we look at it like that.

Even better the fact that some of them aren't strikers. Maybe a certain diamond will step up and bang some more in next season

You hope he reaches that level after he has basically belittled the club?

I personally hope his career nose dives and he ends up back in Belgium with some terrible club.

And people wonder why they call us 'the bitters'???

Look mate, I'm not defending Rom for what he's saying. It's not nice but realistically I didn't expect anything less and tbh I'm surprised anyone else did.

Look at the facts, and take the blue-tinted specs off. Objectively speaking, this is a (just-turned) 23-year-old striker who bagged 25 this season and 20 the year before that in all comps, for a side that has now finished 11th two-years running.

He's set to be the main starter for a very good Belgium side at the Euros and tbh he's probably banking on somebody coming in before the tournament to ensure that, if it doesn't go to plan for him, he still gets a move to a club who will be challenging in the top four in this country or titles in another, which is what he sees as why he needs to improve. He's going about it disrespectfully to Everton which is a shame, but really he's not doing much wrong.

When he talks to Moshiri, he can sulk all he likes, but we won't budge on our valuation whether he hands in a request or not - and given that he loses a loyalty bonus if he does so he'll have to be very desperate.

If we get the right offer, get him out of here.
We need players with a different mentality to the ones we have now, to many interested in themselves and not the team or club.
More hungry winners needed not half added prima donnas who get a titty lip on the first time it gets a bit tough.
He is a good player but needs to grow up.

I'm not saying buy THEM mate. I'm showing that there are lots of players available who can hit 10. To match Lukaku's prem goals we need a striker who can score 10, and a striker who can score 8. It's not the end of the world when we look at it like that.

Even better the fact that some of them aren't strikers. Maybe a certain diamond will step up and bang some more in next season

No I agree on that pal. It's not the end of the world.

IMO, we need two strikers when Rom leaves.

A quality £25mil striker from abroad (better value, and some half-decent players available) - e.g. Lacazette.

Then a striker who has done it in the Prem. Bony would be a good place to start I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back