Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done us a favour really as we'll be less arsed when he leaves.

I won't rewrite history and play down his ability now he's going. He is still a cracking talent and a unique one too. But the first requirement I have for Everton players is wanting to be here. So let's get him sold for silly money and bring in a couple of quality strikers who actually want to play for us.
Think this is bang on the moolah.

I won't rewrite history and play down his ability now he's going. He is still a cracking talent and a unique one too. But the first requirement I have for Everton players is wanting to be here. So let's get him sold for silly money and bring in a couple of quality strikers who actually want to play for us.

Good point this, if he was coming out left right and center going on about how much he loves it here and loves the fans...etc Walks around with a once a blue shirt on, then left first chance he gets it would be a hell of a blow.
We know what he wants and we can't give it to him, if he is good enough is another issue but that is for his next club to worry about. Real good player, potential to be a great, lets be honest when we got him on loan most of us accepted we couldn't afford and wouldn't sign him anyway.
Good memories of him, easy to just move on if he goes.

From a purely footballing point of view, with his age at the forefront of my mind, he's been brilliant for Everton. It's been severely tarnished, however, by his constant too-good-for-Everton attitude. It's been mentioned before, but where was he when we really needed him to come up trumps against United? Gave a performance Kone would have been proud of. His downing of tools over three months ago was a disgrace (along with others it must be said) and I won't be sad to see somebody with such a horrendous attitude problem leave Everton, even though it will leave a sour taste in the mouth as he already is a good player and will become world class for absolute sure. Just hoping for a massive fee that is wisely re-invested by Emery.

His comments are due to his parasite of an agent. We know what he's doing trying to burn his bridges with the fans, and even though we know he's doing it, it still works. Don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here, but by that same token, if you're mouthing off to anyone who will listen bout wanting to leave, then back yourself Rom. If you're as good as you think you are, slap that request in and see how long the queue is for your services. If nobody goes above £55m you won't be going anywhere.

Remember the age: a couple of weeks ago he was still 22! current attitude/bad touch etc. is expected, no player is the polished product at such an age. The thought of what Lukaku will be like at age 26 is frightening
He could be best in the world or could be burning out and injury prone like Whiteside, Owen and others that played too much too young. We will see eh

I understand why people are hurt by the things he is telling the press, but you are right by not playing down his talent. If he leaves he will get us loads of money and I will wish him the best. I don't believe we had the right team around him at all and he still managed to get his tally before the whole team pretty much gave up. I believe we will find a suitable replacement, but first we must find a good manager to lead the way.

Then he won't go.

We won't sell cheap. There's absolutely no need to.

Sorry but he has to be sold . Maybe not in need of the money but the club made a huge mistake in keeping Stones a player that wants out will be disruptive even if they don't mean to be.

Gone are the days when you kept put a dissenting player in the reserves or force them to play and expect them to perform to their highest potential. Players now a days at PL level are rich so have no fear as to their own finacial security. Gone are the days when you could retain aplayer even after their contract had come to an end and gone as are the days when a player had to see out his contract. The power is firmly in the players hands

Players will talk with each other and I suspect that Everton have made Stones a significant offer which possibly will be viewed by Lukaku as a slap in the face if it's anywhere near his level of pay after all he is the top scorer, told by the manger he is world class, subject to the clubs highest ever transfer fee and in reality forwards are always the top paid.

Everton are hoping a couple of clubs will get involved in a auction but not too sure they will

Sorry but he has to be sold . Maybe not in need of the money but the club made a huge mistake in keeping Stones a player that wants out will be disruptive even if they don't mean to be.

Gone are the days when you kept put a dissenting player in the reserves or force them to play and expect them to perform to their highest potential. Players now a days at PL level are rich so have no fear as to their own finacial security. Gone are the days when you could retain aplayer even after their contract had come to an end and gone as are the days when a player had to see out his contract. The power is firmly in the players hands

Players will talk with each other and I suspect that Everton have made Stones a significant offer which possibly will be viewed by Lukaku as a slap in the face if it's anywhere near his level of pay after all he is the top scorer, told by the manger he is world class, subject to the clubs highest ever transfer fee and in reality forwards are always the top paid.

Everton are hoping a couple of clubs will get involved in a auction but not too sure they will

We did very well keeping Stones.

Your opening premise is wrong, and it leads the rest of the post to be as well.

He doesn't have to be sold. We don't need to financially at all, and if anything we benefit more from letting him rot in the reserves for a year than we would by caving in and selling under his value now.

The stature of the club is worth significantly more than £50m. We should stand firm and let every prospective signing know that not one player is bigger than the club, and if you come in to the squad to do a job, then you do that job and don't mouth off to the press, or this happens to you.

If I were Moshiri right now, there's absolutely no way I'd sanction the transfer for any fee below £65m, and even then not to a domestic rival. But unfortunately I have to acknowledge I'm not Moshiri and there's no way of predicting how this will go.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Lukaku at the club, but because of the way he's handled himself and the situation we're in, overall I personally think the correct call is to play hardball with him and slap him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back