Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stamford Bridge is a bit of a graveyard on the quiet. A huge amount of high profile players have gone there and floundered to the point where they never really recovered the form that got them there in the first place.

Torres, Crespo, Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Remy, Ba, Eto'o, Pizarro and Lukaku himself, just to name the strikers. Even Costa looks a bit touch and go at the moment.

Very strange club that.

I'm sure a case could be argued for a few of these players but i don't want to squash your theory. I want to play along.

Very strange club that,

Tossers

Nobody will bid for him, our valuation is excessive for a footballer who struggles to control a football at times.

Certain clubs will make a phone call, but laugh for a good 10minutes after they put down the phone.

He will wait, at some point very soon we will make the whole of football sit up and take notice, at that point he will sign a new contract, he will insist on a release clause of 75m English pounds, we will agree.

He will activate BEAST mode and carry Koemans blue army to a trophy and a very high league position, he will make a mockery of his 25 goals this season, at Anfield he will score 4 goals and kiss the badge after the 4th.

In the Summer PSG and Real Madrid will bid 75m, Rom will turn them down, he has everything he needs here.

All sounds fair enough to me mate, but I'm a tad dismayed that he's only getting four at the pit against that dreadful defence :):)

Well a transfer request would certainly bring Chelsea's offer closer to our valuation.
But will there be time to get a suitable replacement.

Where did it all go wrong? A year ago a team built around Stones, Barkley and Rom seemed a dream.

I'm sure a case could be argued for a few of these players but i don't want to squash your theory. I want to play along.

Very strange club that,

Tossers
Yeah, there are a few that have done well since, so I suppose the point is more that it's a very difficult place for a forward to thrive.

I don't blame Lukaku for wanting to play at the highest level possible, but his advisors should really be steering him to stick to clubs where the massive holes in his game won't be exposed. I think it would go very badly for him at Chelsea.

Sticking to my prediction that he'll end up in Turkey soon. Destined to go the Anelka route this lad.

I don't think I'd bother with Remy at all at this point, even as backup. He looked a good player at QPR and Newcastle, but seems to have fallen apart at Chelsea.

Stamford Bridge is a bit of a graveyard on the quiet. A huge amount of high profile players have gone there and floundered to the point where they never really recovered the form that got them there in the first place.

Torres, Crespo, Kezman, Mutu, Shevchenko, Remy, Ba, Eto'o, Pizarro and Lukaku himself, just to name the strikers. Even Costa looks a bit touch and go at the moment.

Very strange club that.

Eto'o was still quality, was gutted when he moved on

Nobody will bid for him, our valuation is excessive for a footballer who struggles to control a football at times.

Certain clubs will make a phone call, but laugh for a good 10minutes after they put down the phone.

He will wait, at some point very soon we will make the whole of football sit up and take notice, at that point he will sign a new contract, he will insist on a release clause of 75m English pounds, we will agree.

He will activate BEAST mode and carry Koemans blue army to a trophy and a very high league position, he will make a mockery of his 25 goals this season, at Anfield he will score 4 goals and kiss the badge after the 4th.

In the Summer PSG and Real Madrid will bid 75m, Rom will turn them down, he has everything he needs here.

I'll have what you're having mate

Media love to be aggressive when it comes to selling our players don't they?

it's Chelsea leaking the info mate. We have little ties with the Mirror, Mail etc etc.

We do have ties with the Guardian through Hunter and to a certain extent the Express with Joyce. However, be wary of the latter as they do often just quote other newspaper's for their online copy (knowing three people who work on the Express sports desk I can confirm this). However, if it's an exclusive on us Joyce will most likely have it.

The media now going with that Lukaku might hand a transfer request in soon to force a move back to chelsea

I don't think a transfer request is going to make a lick of difference. We already know he wants to go there - same way Stones did and we rejected that. I do think, however, that if they really are bidding £68m and Remy that that is silly money and we get a decent striker too. Would be difficult to turn down. I know we don't have to sell etc. - just my opinion.

I still don't get the Lukaku to Chelsea story.

They've signed Batshuayi and Conte has now said Costa is happy to stay (probably because Atletico have bought Gameiro and therefore aren't in the market).

So why would they want Lukaku on top of those 2 plus Remy and young Traore? And more to the point why would Lukaku want to go there to potentially play second fiddle in a side without European football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back