Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the club has learnt the lesson of last season re Stones and how keeping a player that wants out can be celebrated in the moment but that glee will almost have a negative impact as the season progresses.
The negative lesson of earning an extra 10m and keeping the player for another season. I don't buy into the idea Stones wasn't interested last season. He had his Euros place to play for so there is no way that is true.

Likewise. Lukaku is a professional and he has team mates. He won't want to let them down plus look at Barinho - he through his rattle out of the pram and his form suffered and now look at him, no one wants him. Don't sell and after the window closes give him a new contract with a buyout clause.

If we sell him now and the striker we bring in doesn't perform which is a big risk we would be in a relegation battle.

Happy days if it's proven our new owner is an asset stripper. You have a different definition than me.

btw - The article is rubbish. They mentioned Remy in a part deal and he's already been sold.

Remy hasn't been sold mate he is apparently in Lyon and close to a loan move there. As of right now he is still part of our set up.

Chelsea fan in peace here lads, hope you are all well.

Not too sure exactly where the clubs are at with this deal if there is one at all. I'm not in anyway surprised that we are supposedly chasing Lukaku as he shouldn't of been allowed to leave in the first place, another piece of stupidity by our board but hey that is us for youlol
What's the feeling among Chelsea fans. Is there a strong expectancy or does it seem like paper talk?

What's the feeling among Chelsea fans. Is there a strong expectancy or does it seem like paper talk?

I think when you read around and listen to our supporters it's a mixed bag. Like myself a lot think he shouldn't of been sold and was another player easily let go by Mourinho and the club. People keep going on about his first touch and whilst I can see what they say he's just a pure goalscorer and at a ripe age where for me, his ceiling is enormous. I'd have him back without a question, which is what annoys me about us at Chelsea, we never allow these young lads chance to flourish.

The negative lesson of earning an extra 10m and keeping the player for another season. I don't buy into the idea Stones wasn't interested last season. He had his Euros place to play for so there is no way that is true.

Likewise. Lukaku is a professional and he has team mates. He won't want to let them down plus look at Barinho - he through his rattle out of the pram and his form suffered and now look at him, no one wants him. Don't sell and after the window closes give him a new contract with a buyout clause.

If we sell him now and the striker we bring in doesn't perform which is a big risk we would be in a relegation battle.

Earning an extra £10 million. Really?. Take from that extra £10 million of what has been paid to Barnsley paid to the FA, paid to his agent etc and it probably is closer to a net of £7-8 million at most

At the start of season 2015/16 it was said that Everton had their best squad in the PL era yet the finishing position was a huge let down. Each positionhigher up the league would have resulted in an extra £1.2 million

I too don't buy into the view about either Stones or indeed if the rumours are right about Lukaku will or haven't not trying but there is a reason why managers, in the main, don't want to keep a player who wants out for even if it's unintentional the majority of those who want out see a dip in their performance and the feeling it creates in the squad will only be a massivenegative.

It's interesting you mention Berahino for Pulis was not happy that he wasn't sold at the time for it was Peace the WBA Chairman that dug his heels in. As for no bodywanting him I don't think that is correct for the word very much is that he has turned down a new contract and not having played for three years since the commencement of his current contract he will either leave in this or the Januray window for less than Spurs had offered for him, the difference no doubt would be funding a larger than normal signing on fee or come the end of season 2016/17 he be out of contract and walk on a Bosman when no doubt there would be a long queue of clubs after him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back