Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interested to see if this new deal has anything to do with Schneiderlin potentially arriving and the fact he is currently on 100k a week with Man U. call me cynical.

Rewarding him for lazing around for 3 years. Great. That will really raise the standards. 100k a week for a player who struggles to keep possession and got physically dominated by Klavan.

I think Rom will sign his new contract but I can't see him seeing it out. Unless we do some unreal business in January, I can see this just being convenient for all parties until he decides to move on. Hopefully this won't be the case and we can build a team around him starting in January but even then, his work rate will have to improve...

PSG have probably already said they'll pay 80m, which I bet is the release clause. The contract doesn't mean much, just a soft signal of commitment

I know I am returning to an old hobby horse of mine but as I said some months ago if he doesn't sign a new contract before the end of Jan 2017 he would be able to leave under the Webster ruling and whilst it would be unlikely we would see that happen once an agent starts to utter the possibility of such action the hand tips massively in favour of the player and that is what I think we are seeing now.
100k a week if correct is massive but still no where near what he would expect to get elsewhere so for me if the contract rumour is right there will be a clause in there some where about buy out figures and it's unlikely to be £80 million it will be more around £50 million and even then I don't expect there to be any takers.
People talk about his technique improving but he has so many flaws in his overall play I just don't see the improvement that uplifts him from a Ok player to one that would be able to cement a place at a regular starter at a top 4 team and hence why I don't think he will be leaving any time soon for a big fee

Rewarding him for lazing around for 3 years. Great. That will really raise the standards. 100k a week for a player who struggles to keep possession and got physically dominated by Klavan.

To be fair mate, if he was even half way arsed, Klavan would have been bouncing off him left right & centre.

Hope & pray he picks his game up after signing this new contract.

PSG have probably already said they'll pay 80m, which I bet is the release clause. The contract doesn't mean much, just a soft signal of commitment

See half of me thinks '£80m? Take it and run'. The other half thinks 'what do we need £80m for when we already have money to spend'.

I'd like to see him stay, but won't be distraught if he leaves is what I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back