Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still does press though. If you can't see that you either aren't watching Everton or are choosing to ignore it. The manager has also praised him many times so he must be doing something right.

Stop focussing on what he isn't ( a Steven Naismith or strac) and focus on what he is. One of the highest scoring players over the past 5 years, one of the top scorers in recent history of his age and one of our best strikers in 30 years.

He doesn't.
The manager shouldn't, especially if he wants us to do well, so he can become Barca manager.

He doesn't.
The manager shouldn't, especially if he wants us to do well, so he can become Barca manager.
He does.

He just doesn't do it like a headless chicken which you apparently want him to.

Anyway clearly no one is going to talk sense into you and you have your opinion firmly set.

Good night.

He does.

He just doesn't do it like a headless chicken which you apparently want him to.

Anyway clearly no one is going to talk sense into you and you have your opinion firmly set.

Good night.

No mate, I want him to press the player with ball in a disciplined manner.
You need to have sense, before you can teach it.
Good night.

My comment was about him working hard enough

My comment was about him working hard enough also, not just making runs but, pressing the ball aswell.
Those guys were just better. He isn't one of them, just a better goalscorer (in patches), than we've had for a while.

Seen someone on Twitter say we've got a striker who if he stayed in the prem for another 5 years he will break Shearer's record, and all our fans do is moan about him. That simply won't happen and definitely not with us, just can't see us ever having the creativity to match the numbers it would take to get near Shearer.

I do agree with the fans moaning bit though.

We all expect him to work harder than he is and maybe he should but because of how isolated he is that usually means him running he channels. Then people moan about him not being in the area.

Over recent years we've had Johnson, Beattie and Yakubu(more so second season) who have been regular goal scorers before being asked to play the lone striker by Everton and run the channels and they've all lost the goal scoring rate they were signed for.

I'm made up Koeman has apparently told Lukaku to run less and stay central, because that's where he will win us points. Let's be honest with the touch he has he is absolutely useless anywhere else. We're so used to average strikers running their arse off for the team and the fans rightly loving them for it but if there was some way of measuring them up against Lukaku for points won I can only see one winner.

Is it 3 seasons he's gave us now to match his ambitions? Honestly he has had to put up with some absolute [Poor language removed] behind him. Put him in a team with more than half decent players behind him who create and he will bag 20+ goals a season easily. He gets [Poor language removed] all to work off with our team.

Enjoy him.

Class. 71 goals in 145 matches (all competition) in an Everton shirt. He is a scorer.

Do you know what that doesn't really look that impressive when you see some strikers around nearly matching their goals to games, but honestly when you watch the game and you notice how little he has around him, it's such a good record.

Anything we get from him beyond this season is a bonus for me because while at first I think we helped his career, he has stayed with us knowing we're far from playing to his strengths.

There are games sometimes when he picks up out of the blue and you think why isn't he like this every week but it never works like that. Can't fault the lad at all.

Hopefully it doesn't happen as far as I'm concerned but just watch him go if he signs for a team with creative midfielders. The lad is class.

Rom's goal against the champions yesterday could not have been scored by an ordinary Premier League striker. It was a feat of skill, tenacity and extraordinary determination.
Not dissimilar to Costa's goal against West Brom recently. He's definitely up there with the best in the league, and all the more impressive because of the paucity of supply has had this season.

Seen someone on Twitter say we've got a striker who if he stayed in the prem for another 5 years he will break Shearer's record, and all our fans do is moan about him. That simply won't happen and definitely not with us, just can't see us ever having the creativity to match the numbers it would take to get near Shearer.

We all expecthis him to work harder than he is and maybe he should but because of how isolated he is that usually means him running he channels. Then people moan about him not being in the area.

Over recent years we've had Johnson, Beattie and Yakubu(more so second season) who have been regular goal scorers before being asked to play the lone striker by Everton and run the channels and they've all lost the goal scoring rate they were signed for.

I'm made up Koeman has apparently told Lukaku to run less and stay central, because that's where he will win us points. Let's be honest with the touch he has he is absolutely useless anywhere else. We're so used to average strikers running their arse off for the team and the fans rightly loving them for it but if there was some way of measuring them up against Lukaku for points won I can only see one winner.

Is it 3 seasons he's gave us now to match his ambitions? Honestly he has had to put up with some absolute [Poor language removed] behind him. Put him in a team with more than half decent players behind him who create and he will bag 20+ goals a season easily. He gets [Poor language removed] all to work off with our team.

Enjoy him.

This is the problem with reading twitter shearer scored 260 premier league goals.
Lukaku needs to score 190 goals in 5 seasons.

If he never gets injured and had 5 golden years then he has a chance to
Break it in 7/8 years more likely that he won't do it. Still a fantastic goal scorer but shearers record is something special

We all expect him to work harder than he is and maybe he should but because of how isolated he is that usually means him running he channels. Then people moan about him not being in the area.

Enjoy him.

I dont think all our fans moan about him. Most love him. Some moan at him and then will complain when he is sold and he is banging em in when surrounded by top players for another team saying why didnt he do that for us...failing to realise he did and would even have banged in more if he had decent players around him when with us. Alot of us realise we are very lucky to have a top goal scorer playing with us and if he had a decent team around him its 30 goals a season for him. Long live BIG ROM best goalscorer we have had since the 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back