Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen it how many times in the past?

Gerrard, Rooney, Costa, Ronaldo and so on. It's the players way of playing hardball with the club, and they usually win.

Now I'm not for wanting to let every player rule the roost, but Lukaku is something else, not £90m worth, but still brilliant.

I reckon he'll sign, but it'll be closer to £75-80m buyout.

It's alright lads we're getting Rooney back.
200w.gif

This media release has been coordinated this evening to pile on pressure for Everton to agree terms for a min release - which they've been pushing back against for a while.

Just my opinion, anyway.

What I don't get is the release last week where among others Joyce reported he is signing and now this.
I wonder if possibly this is so the club don't lose face by agreeing to a lower release fee. Did all we could , showed our intentions etc.
Certainly the comments from Koeman suggested the club were in control .

The timing very weird too. In the midst of his best season, big games on the horizon where he can increase his stock even more so.

All a bit convenient .

Just putting it out there as a potential scenario. They want a release clause , we want as much money as possible. So perhaps it works in our favour as the release clause can be increased to a higher amount on our end? Even 70 million is a massive amount for lukaku

So he leaves. Fine, whatever. Say he's worth 75 million. Add that to whatever the transfer kitty was going to be this summer. You can do some major upgrades for that money. Improve several positions and create plenty of squad depth. I have a good deal of faith that Walsh and Koeman would not waste that money. (Not having your Bolasie arguments - injuries are unpredictable, especially injuries like his caused by rough tackles.)

Or he stays, which I would be pretty happy with.

I would take a £70 million release clause now and atleast know we will get that for him in the summer.

thing is though mate, they could be asking for a 50m clause, 60m clause and let's be honest in today's market we should be getting 80m+.

I can see why Everton won't agree to a lower clause. I can see why Lukaku won't agree to a high clause.

He's now in a position where he's basically wanting to sod off this summer and we are now in a position where we can name our price and if no one is willing to pay then he'll have to stay until the next window.

If people think the agent came out with the 99.999999% done comment to draw interest from other clubs than they are naive, his agent would've been hawking him around Europe for the past 18 months. Likewise a statement saying he isn't going to sign is applying pressure to Us to give in to his demands. Either way this isn't done yet...(fingers crossed)

What I don't get is the release last week where among others Joyce reported he is signing and now this.
I wonder if possibly this is so the club don't lose face by agreeing to a lower release fee. Did all we could , showed our intentions etc.
Certainly the comments from Koeman suggested the club were in control .

The timing very weird too. In the midst of his best season, big games on the horizon where he can increase his stock even more so.

All a bit convenient .

I'd say it's 100%this.

My go at second guessing what's gone on.
  • Lukaku wants off. Shock.
  • Everton, currently can prevent this.
  • Raiola knows this, and wanted a new deal with a minimum fee release.
  • Both parties then, want/wanted a deal.
  • Everton/Raiola couldn't agree that fee. Raiola wanting less, knowing he has teams who'd pay an amount.
  • Raiola turned to the media - 99.99999% done stuff was solely to add pressure on Everton to accept their terms.
  • Everton won't budge.
  • Lukaku comments and todays media leak the last attempt to secure that contract renewal to avoid derailing EFC season.
I hope Everton stand firm, accept no deal with a low minimum fee. A deal now with a low minimum fee means Lukaku leaves in the summer and Raiola pockets from Everton in the immediate, and for the transfer.

He has 2 years after this one remaining. What's Lukaku worth to Everton a season?
There's no way we can allow him to further run the contract down.

There's a buyer out there and the club will off load while his stock is sky high.

This leak to the usual suspects today is the club cementing the departure. It's classic Everton spin mode we're in now.

Another "Judas" to add to the list.

He will be sold summer now 1000000000000%
If you think about it, if that supposed release clause is too low (for the clubs liking) then he could go this summer even though he may have signed a new deal. If my understanding is correct, there's no such clause in the current deal. So, theoretically we could turn down offers we're not happy with.
If we can, we need to try and keep him one more season to try and break the top 4. If we sold him next summer we'd still get a decent price surely. It'd be a gamble though because he could 'down tools'.

people might think I'm mad, but I don't think Rom is going to get any better than he has shown over the last 2 seasons and would take as much money as we can possibly get, he ain't world class and never will be, so if we can get near to a world record fee, I would be more than happy to let him go. He's big fella and finds it hard to keep weight off which will become harder and harder every year for him. Whoever he signs for might well not get 20 goals out of him again, as it will have to be a supposed bigger club and the likelihood is he will end up on the bench again, and then he'll be wishing he stayed with us, he won't get treated better anywhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back