Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Best of the rest" just wont cut it with todays' quality players. They will be well paid wherever they go, so they are in search of glory; silverware, CL etc. There is absolutely no loyalty to any club by any of them.
How many players that we have targeted have balked at coming here?

We won't sign anyone that can even lace Lukaku's boots, regardless of how good our scouts do.

He's one of, if not the best, young strikers in the world. He's overstayed his stay here and for that we should be lucky.
Nicely put.
Lets not turn this into an ugly parting of the ways, we reckon we are better than that.
As you say, lets just hope the scouts, one of which we creamed ourselves over when he came to us can do the bizzo.
We will surely have the coin to attract some half decent players.

..I have to say it amuses me when players say they want to sign for a Champions League club. I don't truly understand the definition of a 'Champions League club'. Teams in weaker leagues qualify season in, season out. Odd as it sounds, Celtic are a Champions League club.

Man Utd haven't qualified this season, Chelsea didn't qualify last season. Spurs are a bit in and out, Arsenal are regulars but never threaten to win it. Not sure what Lukaku wants. PSG will qualify every season, I went to Paris and watched one of their games in October and it was ordinary. Not sure if playing for PSG in an ordinary league and play 6 games or so every season in the Champions League is fantastic for your career.

If you want to play Champions League then surely that means a team who qualify every season who also have a genuine chance of winning it. If that's the definition, those teams are few and far between.

I believe his control is worse than Roms

Batshuayi is a technically proficient player, no bouncy shins. Very good finisher. I was impressed with his time in Marseilles, because 23 goals in a very average team is no easy feat. He was isolated a lot of the time. Good long range shot, free kicks...

The downside is: he's a selfish player. He sometimes refuses to give obvious assists. Offside, there are matches that he's always offside.

He has a colourful personality. Very big fan of Sponge Bob, Dragon Ball Z and twitter. I also remember that he was sent home from the Belgian national team (U 21) when he was around the age of 18 because he had invited some call girls into his room.

He should never have gone to Chelsea. I hope he goes to a team where he can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back