Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it rationally

Its on everyones interest for him to sign.

Even if he signs and buggers off in summer, he still gets 100k p/w till then.

Obviously the sticking point is the buyout as too high a number deters Chelsea etc.

So its just a game of poker over the number and unfortunately he holds all the cards

Think about it rationally

Its on everyones interest for him to sign.

Even if he signs and buggers off in summer, he still gets 100k p/w till then.

Obviously the sticking point is the buyout as too high a number deters Chelsea etc.

So its just a game of poker over the number and unfortunately he holds all the cards
I think we hold the cards. He'll want out this summer. We set the fee, not him. He would hold the cards if we cowered to his wage and release clause demands.

I remember super Rom playing a blinder in the Semi final against Utd, He sure looked like one of the best in the league that day

That reminds me, he cost us the semi last year,

he's not only a judas but he's crap as well.
You talking about the semi where the whole squad downed tools because of Martinez and everyone boo'd?
Unfortunately this is correct. However, what's all the more demoralizing is that we are on the path needed to get to the CL - everything is moving in the right direction - would be great to be able to convince Rom for one more year, given the steps we've made this year.
It would be great and things are looking promising. However we've been here with Rom before, when we beat Arsenal in 2013 (he ran to Martinez with 4 fingers up thinking we were going to CL), we ended up faltering but still finished. Then he signed permanentaly thinking we'd improve on that finish but 3 years later we're still best of the rest in the standings. Dont get me wrong I'm gutted he's leaving and disappointed he doesn't want to stay. That being said it's expected considering the circumstances. We're his 4th club he's played for and he's not local like Baines, hardly to expect him to stay forever like Baines did
I'm still in shock that we got this long out of him tbh.

He's given me some happy days, is our top premier league goalscorer, and we can all stop worrying about it and start stressing over how much we can get for him.

Can you imagine him staying here now with everyone knowing he stayed on to give us a chance of getting him a CL spot before he got off next summer?

That's basically where the mentality would be - what the understanding would be. It'd be intolerable. The first sign of poor form and he'd be hounded by disgruntled fans...and he has a lot of detractors who love to run him down as today underlines.

Agree with your comment on the detractors on here, never understood that..
But I am still of the opinion this is all part of the negotiation game... he is not walking into any established CL team and has been pointed out here before, how many can afford him? As much as I rate him, is he going to walk into any of those teams that can afford him as the main striker? One thing we should all be able to agree on with Rom is he won't be happy on the bench, he wasn't at 18 at Chelsea in the CL, so will he be anywhere at 24 on the bench...not likely

Your not making any sense pal.
If you want to debate, lets debate rather than try being edgy.

You claim Rom is only leaving for the money. I said hes not and its delusion to think so.
Now I dont see what is wrong with that and why you seem to have taken such offence you believe someone is being derogatory to you.
I even stated the clubs he is going to go to are clubs which regularly qualify for the latter stages of the Champions League and regularly put trophies on the board.

If you honestly think its down purely to money then I would be delighted to know why you think this so I can carry on this debate.

For starters....not trying to be "edgy"...I'm a tad too long in the tooth for that bollocks.

I may be doing the lad a disservice but the current crop of players have agents like Raiola for one main reason....it's why they move on every few years. Maybe I'm generalising a bit but isn't that normal these days given the state of the transfer market?
Would he have left for Leicester in the Summer if they'd have come knocking?

Your deluded.
Sign for a big club but take a reduction in wages? Its not some moral highground. You dont be a 75m player and get a reduction in wages.

Its only natural his wage will increase.

Not if you already thought your wages were enough and alls you were missing was winners trophy's and medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back