Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
2572338049.jpg

"Eeez weerin red, 'kin jooodus. Go an' be layzee elsewhere an' tayk yer 20 odd goals wid yer lad"

What elite team in this league has he failed to score against?

He blew Chelsea away last season in a big cup game. He scored two in his first derby and it should have been a winning contribution. He scored a hattrick against United when he was 19. He terrifies City when we play them.

I'm talking important games not just games against the top 6. We know he can score against them, but like i said he struggled at Chelsea under the expectation(x2) and he has struggled for us and Belgium when there is real need for him to get one good chance and score.

I'm not saying i want us to be without him, there is however a question mark hanging over him regarding that mentality. He may leave us and go on to show that he can do it at that level or do it at the world cup next year or even better he sticks around here and fires us to a trophy win.

Big big test of our apparant new wealth. Whats Champions Legaue qualification worth? would it offset any potential loss of transfer fee if we sold Rom with 1 year left on his deal? Would he down tools like Payet or would he knuckle down and continue to perform if we rejected a request to move? For me we just cannot entertain selling him this summer. The squad is in a decent place but still needs at least a top class centre back and some additional creativity in the last third to push us closer to the top four. Add in cover in certain key positions like full back an dupfront plus the probable need for another keeper to at least challenge Joel if not replace him. We are really close to moving up and joining the 6 sides above us as a group who fight it out for at the very least a top four spot, we can't afford to take 2 steps forward and a massive step back.

I'm talking important games not just games against the top 6. We know he can score against them, but like i said he struggled at Chelsea under the expectation(x2) and he has struggled for us and Belgium when there is real need for him to get one good chance and score.

I'm not saying i want us to be without him, there is however a question mark hanging over him regarding that mentality. He may leave us and go on to show that he can do it at that level or do it at the world cup next year or even better he sticks around here and fires us to a trophy win.

I think a big chunk of that has more to do with the teams as a whole.

You can label the same at Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard (who can blow hot and cold).

I think if Lukaku went to Chelsea he could leave Everton with respect and still be loved. However I fear if he joins Man Utd this would not be the case. He would be considered a traitor somewhat as I don't believe we should be selling to a fierce local rival.
Ideally he will stay but its looking bleak.

Nicol quite complimentary there in fact they all were to be fair.
He doesnt watch us very much if he thinks we are a counter attacking team.

Obviously in certain games we are but far from it in majority of the games so he is talking rubbish in certain parts.

Plus how is it that since the Beginning of last season the only striker to have more assists than rom is Sanchez

Nicol quite complimentary there in fact they all were to be fair.

Bout time someone was! I would look at it this way, at the moment he is the biggest fish in the pond. If he goes elsewhere he is just a supporting act unless the team he goes to is set up in the same way just to feed him.

They were also right that the top teams are likely to play against 10 men behind the ball and that will squeeze any space he has to operate.

Also if he goes 5-10 games without scoring here its not a big deal, does that at Chelsea or Utd and he will be out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.