Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's worth £100m he's 23 and only going to get better. If someone signs him then that's that gap filled for the next 8 years for them.

He's not worth that, but £90m+ is the fee where it becomes obviously worthwhile to sell, even if he wasn't agitating for a move.

I reckon £70m -£75m this summer. If no transfer this summer then the price will start dropping at a rate. If we go OTT playing hardball then other clubs will watch his contract run down and grab a bargain.

I reckon £70m -£75m this summer. If no transfer this summer then the price will start dropping at a rate. If we go OTT playing hardball then other clubs will watch his contract run down and grab a bargain.
Others may disagree, but for me Rom looks a smart and relatively decent individual. If there isn't a deal that suits both parties this summer...

... then I think he'll sign a contract including a release clause and will then leave either in the January window or the next summer.

I would prefer this

Sign a new contract with a new raise
Clause to leave for 75 million that kicked in 2018 summer

Best we will get

If he wont sign the new deal with a release clause - £90 million has been touted - then sell in the summer and get on with getting a replacement in. We may get £70 million for him - a saving for the buying club in relation to the new contract clause - but we don't want his current contract to run down any further and the price drops.

Try to be realistic and answer without blue tinted glasses:

How much is Rom worth in current market?

blue tinted glasses off mate, lack of top top talent, worth to us, guaranteed to get you goals, over inflation of player prices ( look at Pogba ) 85m-90m imo.

If we sell this summer I think it will be 75m+ easily.

Look at the goal he scored last night, he was actually bullying the centre half for 30 minutes without getting a sniff last night and as soon as a ( not even half ) a chance presented itself he slotted it. What I wouldn't give for him to slot a winner like that in front of the Ferrets in the kop

Others may disagree, but for me Rom looks a smart and relatively decent individual. If there isn't a deal that suits both parties this summer...

... then I think he'll sign a contract including a release clause and will then leave either in the January window or the next summer.
Certainly hope so. The release clause would be what he knows Chelsea will pay I reckon. It was rumoured that the release clause was the reason he never signed a new contract...set too high and if this is true then to me its obvious he knows who and what they are willing to pay.

blue tinted glasses off mate, lack of top top talent, worth to us, guaranteed to get you goals, over inflation of player prices ( look at Pogba ) 85m-90m imo.

If we sell this summer I think it will be 75m+ easily.

Look at the goal he scored last night, he was actually bullying the centre half for 30 minutes without getting a sniff last night and as soon as a ( not even half ) a chance presented itself he slotted it. What I wouldn't give for him to slot a winner like that in front of the Ferrets in the kop

Thing for me is he seems to be developing consistency now, rather than a player who we goals came in bursts then a bit of a run without many, a consistent striker is like gold dust and its what wins championships.

90m, you add him to any team in the top 6 this season and they'd be neck to neck with Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back