Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue tinted glasses off mate, lack of top top talent, worth to us, guaranteed to get you goals, over inflation of player prices ( look at Pogba ) 85m-90m imo.

If we sell this summer I think it will be 75m+ easily.

Look at the goal he scored last night, he was actually bullying the centre half for 30 minutes without getting a sniff last night and as soon as a ( not even half ) a chance presented itself he slotted it. What I wouldn't give for him to slot a winner like that in front of the Ferrets in the kop

In the Derby mate he will turn in one of his unplayable performances, something's clicked this season with him I think.

Certainly hope so. The release clause would be what he knows Chelsea will pay I reckon. It was rumoured that the release clause was the reason he never signed a new contract...set too high and if this is true then to me its obvious he knows who and what they are willing to pay.
Obviously it's all speculation but as you mention numerous accounts do mention the release clause as a pivotal point in the negotiations stalling.

The club will want a high fee but that will potentially price clubs out of a move which is not in his interest, so I understand why he wouldn't sign.

Too low however and then Romelu will certainly leave at a fee not suitable for us. I think it'll all come down to meeting in the middle somewhere.

If he doesn't sign however and does insist on leaving in the summer then without a clause we can play hard ball, so it's in his interest to negotiate.

He's not worth that, but £90m+ is the fee where it becomes obviously worthwhile to sell, even if he wasn't agitating for a move.

No fee is worth it for us if we have genuine ambition, simply as we can not get a forward as good as him at this moment in time.

And every transfer is a risk. Even with a fat wad to spend there's no guarantee we'd be able to strengthen adequately. Look at how Spurs spent the bale money. Most of it went on Lamela and Soldado who were poor signings for them. Every transfer is a risk but the only risk when you can field Lukaku up front is that you might have to awkwardly cover your erection when you jump up to celebrate him score.

Thing for me is he seems to be developing consistency now, rather than a player who we goals came in bursts then a bit of a run without many, a consistent striker is like gold dust and its what wins championships.

90m, you add him to any team in the top 6 this season and they'd be neck to neck with Chelsea.

I remember Royle saying the reason he loved Rideout was because he was scoring goals consistently. Not 3 one game and none for the next 5 ( a lot like Cottee did for us who had long runs without scoring ). That's what Rom has been doing, scoring ones, two, 3 and even 4 but every time he's on the pitch he looks like he can score.

Need him at the very top of his game next few games mate but if he is we can go to their crap hole and the mancs and be confident.

For what it's worth I think it's Chelsea who have sounded him out, it's the club he supported, his hero played for them and he never got a chance to show what he can do. For him that will be unfinished business. Bloody hell I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be saying an Everton player would think moving to Chelsea would be an upgrade lol

...in the BBC rumour column, it suggests Man City have agreed a £50m deal with Spurs to buy Danny Rose. That's a benchmark that puts a perspective on Lukaku's worth.
Wow!! Just think we are getting an iconic waterfront stadium that will stand for a 100 years for just 6 times the price of a left back!!

Look at his records and think it through again. £60m is way too low valuation how ever you look at it.
Valuations are difficult to gauge and some may rightly argue that the Stones fee now looks excessive and you have to consider the English factor.

Really the fee is based on how much a club needs a player combined with how willing the seller is or any financial necessity to bring money in.

On the other hand however, you could justly mention that the likes of Hinguaín left Napoli for nigh on £69m when he was nearing his thirties!

So for me the basics of it are he's proven in the league (a difficult league), has a fantastic number of goals and stats behind him and is still young.

Therefore if we can get £47.5m+ for a defender who wasn't in rich form, albeit going to Citeh who overpay, then an extra £10m is poor value.

The benchmark will be close to £70m, if not probably higher, but I doubt it'll go to £80m or much higher if you consider previous transfers.

Obviously more the better yet I just think some of the numbers bounded about are pure Blue-tinted fanciful talk and not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back