Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the arse doesnt fall out of us and hes up against Klavan then he has a chance...

We now have a manager who will jettison underachievement and an owner who demand success. Stadium announcement shows things are changing. Big blow losing Seamus and possibly Schniederlin, but Koeman will not accept shrinking violets. Perform or lose your place.

If we are in the game with 10 to go we are more than capable of winning.

We now have a manager who will jettison underachievement and an owner who demand success. Stadium announcement shows things are changing. Big blow losing Seamus and possibly Schniederlin, but Koeman will not accept shrinking violets. Perform or lose your place.

Schneiderlin is the key if he's not fit he will play Barry who will get over run by their midfield, i do actually believe we will win this one..

If he signs it will most probably be because he doesn't want to miss out on the extra wages, does that make him a better or worse person? But it will leave us in a strong position for the future. He may well have been told he isn't going anywhere this summer whatever, so he would be silly to throw away over a years extra wages.

His position is far stronger with a shorter period remaining on his contract and whilst yes he would miss out on the increase that sum would pale into relative insignificance were he able to get a five year deal say for £200k a week from say July adding to his cut of the transfer fee and no doubt a contracted loyalty payment from Everton

He will sign a new contract I think because it is the best way financially for both parties ... might not stay if we don't step up but really think he will sign !

Doesn't exactly explain Tottenham away

His position is far stronger with a shorter period remaining on his contract and whilst yes he would miss out on the increase that sum would pale into relative insignificance were he able to get a five year deal say for £200k a week from say July adding to his cut of the transfer fee and no doubt a contracted loyalty payment from Everton
I still think we will play hardball and I think he knows it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told he's here another year regardless of contracts signed or not. Also I don't think Everton are to worried if his value does decline especially if we were to build in the summer and get champions league the season after next, I know it won't be easy but I think the owner may think it's worth the risk loseing a few bob from his value. Also i don't see him sulking he's to professional about his game for that, if he's told to stay he won't be like stones who put little effort in his last season here. These are just my thoughts but to be honest we are all guessing at the moment, but one thing it will se a significant figure to take him from us this summer.

I still think we will play hardball and I think he knows it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told he's here another year regardless of contracts signed or not. Also I don't think Everton are to worried if his value does decline especially if we were to build in the summer and get champions league the season after next, I know it won't be easy but I think the owner may think it's worth the risk loseing a few bob from his value. Also i don't see him sulking he's to professional about his game for that, if he's told to stay he won't be like stones who put little effort in his last season here. These are just my thoughts but to be honest we are all guessing at the moment, but one thing it will se a significant figure to take him from us this summer.

I admire your optimism but the reality is that as things stand and even with the new significant shareholder Everton quite simply don't have the financial muscle at this time to match the real big hitters in the PL and because of FFP there isn't the opportunity to spend significantly over the monies the club generate.
You are right that we are all guessing but for me it's all about the signing of a new contract for once you get past the last two years the values don't just drop by a few bob the potential sums are eye watering

If you think about it including the next transfer window there are only 4 left between now and when his contract expires.

The next window is really the key one if he doesn't leave in that one you fast forward to the January 2018 window. History tells us that rarely do the really big clubs, those that will pay north of say £50 million buy big in a January window. Ok you could point to Torres but other than him you'll struggle. I think the odds of him leaving , if he is still at Everton , in that window would be slim

So again fast forward to the start of season 2018/19 he wil be entering the last year of his contract. At that point the pressure on the club would be huge for they know that in just 5months he will be able to openly negotiate with possible suitors the contracts that would be on offer to him would be staggering so he at that point almost certainly wouldn't agree to even a cut price transfer

In summary without a new contract the next window is for me the most likely time for his departure.He will know it and the club will . As for him being asked to give one more season I suspect that has already been said. I personally think it may well be seen as a great PR move to keep a player who wants out but in just about every other aspect I feel it's doomed to fail.

I still expect news that he is signing a contract but will leave anyway.

Despite his tendency to air his views in public I do think he has a high degree of respect for us and he could not be accused of leaving at the first opportunity.

Surely the announcement/decision will be this. Would be in poor taste and mark a dreadful beginning to derby week if he just reiterated that he won't be signing an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back