Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who compare losing Rom to losing Lineker are forgetting one simple fact, that Everton side was a title winning side and we not only had players capable of scoring throughout the side we also had Graeme Sharp.
This current side has neither, outside of Lukaku the only players who have shown they can score regularly are Barkley and Miralles, and they've hardly been prolific either. He may leave and we will have to cope, buying inferior strikers and going back to square one in building a new side. But wanting our top goalscorer to depart seems like a bad case of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

And line up with 13 players? Whilst it's a devilish idea and I'm fond of it, the other clubs may have an issue with that.

Genuinely tickled as far too many of you wanting rid of our 20 goal a season striker because he won't kiss the badge.

You helmets. You build team around such strikers, not sell them.

Sack Ron for not thinking of this.

More simple realism and trying to second guess the clubs options

Rom has been great for us, but he wants to dump us and move in

You can make a playlist to ease your Rom pain and listen to it on your Bluetooth Beats whilst crying into your overpriced bottle of hipster lager though mate
How dare you accuse me of drinking hipster beer and having Beats headphones.

It's Carling and Bose you hideous monster.

I would prefer to keep him another year no matter what - he knows if he doesn't play well his value will go down. We don't need to money if moshri has the war chest we believe he has...

After lukaku our best goal scorer is a defender, Coleman!!! So anybody who thinks we will be 'spreading the goals around' is in denial with our current team.

Got nothing to do with being league winners or not. Football is a team game.

A team of positions and set jobs within said team.

Crikey, I'm not sure I'm ready to break it down any simpler, I'm gonna back out of this thread for a bit, clearly I don't think footy is for some Everton fans.

Reactions: DRM
A team of positions and set jobs within said team.

Crikey, I'm not sure I'm ready to break it down any simpler, I'm gonna back out of this thread for a bit, clearly I don't think footy is for some Everton fans.
Because you disagree with someone's opinion? See ya then mate.

No one in their right mind would believe that we'd agree to sell for £65m. It was widely reported that Lukaku and agent wanted a £70m release clause in the new contract and Everton wouldn't accept that, so why would they then sell for £65?

Utter nonsense.

Now none of us know if the numbers or indeed the story is correct and I know I keep banging on about it but every thing in terms of value is being driven by the length of contract. When a buy out or whatever clause s included in a contract that sum is just about always higher than the supposed value at the point the contract is signed.
Follow what is going on at Arsenal with Sanchez where they are desperately trying to get him to sign a contract, he is soon to enter the last year of his contract and for a couple of reasons is refusing.Arsenal it is said to want £50 million for him, which in truth is value, but are said to refusing to sell him to a rival so it seems he is saying if that's what you are planning we'll then sorry I will stay for the next season and walk for nothing.
I also read some are still talking about making Lukaku stay another year even not playing him. That quite simply won't happen for forget Bosman, forget Article 17 if a senior professional player doesn't play a set % of games when fit at seasons end they can just walk without a fee, without compensation.

Nice to see even the Beeb are trying to sell him for us. With a lovely unbiased piece from Danny Murphy of all people.

Can you imagine any site ever publishing a piece by an ex-Everton player trying to flog a Liverpool one? Much less the fecking BBC. It's utterly infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back