Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
More finesse my arse. We needed more bodies on the breaks to add more options and make them pay.

The manager is too conservative and he chooses to stick with a terrible immobile defence.

So by those comments it's clear you didn't watch it.

Don't you find it odd that everyone says the same thing but you, we broke and missed the opportunity to capitalise due to poor judgment or pure selfishness.

It was the perfect game plan that almost worked

More recently yes. 11 in 14 games in 2016, 1 in 2 in 2017 according to the ever reliable Wiki... :oops:

He's been much, much better for Belgium recently. Don't think Belgian fans love him though.

Everyone expects a lot from Rom but if you take a step back and look at what he's done by age 23, I think it's damn impressive.

I hate to say it but if he was in a better team with better platers, week in week out, like Kane, Costa, Aguero, then I personally think he'd be hitting 30-40 goals a season. To score 21 with no pens and with a comparative lack of chances and match dominance boggles the mind.

He's been much, much better for Belgium recently. Don't think Belgian fans love him though.

Everyone expects a lot from Rom but if you take a step back and look at what he's done by age 23, I think it's damn impressive.

I hate to say it but if he was in a better team with better platers, week in week out, like Kane, Costa, Aguero, then I personally think he'd be hitting 30-40 goals a season. To score 21 with no pens with a comparative lack of chances and match dominance boggles the mind.

I was just going to post something similar.

Imagine him in a team like Real Madrid, with the supply he would get.

Truly frightening.

That's the way it reads Mikey, too late for a retraction now

55684490ee41b96d87e5d0976daae64a85a5e5787b1c0cbd035a507cf94bbf79.jpg

I hate to say it but if he was in a better team with better platers, week in week out, like Kane, Costa, Aguero, then I personally think he'd be hitting 30-40 goals a season. To score 21 with no pens and with a comparative lack of chances and match dominance boggles the mind.

It's the gradual improvement every season that is the most impressive for me.

He has a tendency to try and do it all himself when Barkley's head falls off, and no real quality around him.

Example in the last game. Look at this. Ross at the bottom here. If that's someone with perhaps more nous, an Alli - they're supporting Rom a lot quicker than this.

romross.gif

He probably should hold it up better here, but there definitely should be more support around him.
I take your point but at the same time, it's easy to see why Ross Barkley or anyone else in the team wouldn't be arsed to waste their effort to push up to support him because they know fine well he won't be arsed to pass.

Every striker has flaws.

Just look at his scoring record since being here. That tells me all I need to know. And in a team with a Hazard or De Bruyn or whatever in it he'd be into the 30s for the season.
Tell that to Belgium fans. The BBC pundits were actually laughing at his attempts at controlling the ball when they played Italy last summer.

It's a shame that Lukaku can't appreciate what he has here, because he will not enjoy playing for a club with standards.

It's the gradual improvement every season that is the most impressive for me.

He's reflective and honest I think which helps. Yes he moans during games but Dunc swore and headbutted during games. It's not necessarily representative of you, just in the moment, on the pitch emotions.

Off the pitch he clearly works on his flaws. Remember when he was appalling at headers? Now he scores 1/4 of his goals with them.

I still think he should have a bit of consideration from fans with things like his touch, work rate and agility. He's a physical anomaly and I just don't think you can expect a tank to move or cover distance like a Ducati!

I'm just so ambivalent towards him these days. I mean he's a goal machine and has had a few MOTM performances this season but when it's really mattered he's always flattered to deceive.

When he goes we will struggle to replace his goals, just gotta hope that the strikers we do bring in are at least good team players because they'll almost certainly not be as good goal scorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back