Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been much, much better for Belgium recently. Don't think Belgian fans love him though.

Everyone expects a lot from Rom but if you take a step back and look at what he's done by age 23, I think it's damn impressive.

This is correct at the receiving end of many boos. Most prefer Origi or Batshuayi.

One of the many articles on the subject: http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/Rode_Duivels/1.2934176 and also the plea of Roberto to stop booing him please because.

He's the only player that gets booed fro time to time; very peculiar.

The absolute media darling of the Belgian team is Dries Mertens; always gets voted man of the match even if he plays extremely bad, or when he pulls noses. He's also a player with whom Lukaku has a special connection (according to Lukaku). He's having contract troubles atm because he doesn't want to sign his new contract since he's having marriage problems after having a few mistresses. Still everybody loves Dries, baffling.

Tell that to Belgium fans. The BBC pundits were actually laughing at his attempts at controlling the ball when they played Italy last summer.

It's a shame that Lukaku can't appreciate what he has here, because he will not enjoy playing for a club with standards.

Everton dont have standards?

LOL

I think we're all starting to gradually accept that he might be off in the summer, which is leading people to do the usual thing of talking him down so as to soften the blow for if he leaves

Guys, it won't work, it never works, you'll still feel crap when he leaves

Just accept that he's a good player and we're going to miss him, and then the healing process can begin more quickly
Do you think that every differing opinion to your own is the result of an inability to think maturely, or is it just those who question the Great One that are dismissed as irrational children?

People say imagine him at Real Madrid etc but he has similr struggles playing for Belgium and has DeBruyne, Hazard, Carrasco and Mertens behind him - thats up there with any midfield in terms of creativity.

Do you think that every differing opinion to your own is the result of an inability to think maturely, or is it just those who question the Great One that are dismissed as irrational children?

I think you're reading into things that aren't there if I'm being honest Carly

You can go back and look at the thread of any of our best players who go on to leave, there's a definite correlation where people begin talking down a players abilities when it looks like they are out of the door, and these are sometimes people who were previously positive when it came to the player

Like I've said, it's a coping mechanism whereby someone talks down a player with the eventual goal being to minimise the only natural disappointment that comes from a good player leaving

It's been happening for years when a good player wilfully leaves us, and it's not a wholly irrational thing to do (Nor was I suggesting it was) but I also contend it's, at heart, a fallacy that never works

I was guilty of it myself all those years back when Rooney left. "Oh, he's not that good really" I said, but I was wrong, and it didn't make me feel any better. It's better just to accept the disappointment and take it in stride in my opinion, rather than try to act like a player isn't really all that, because 9 times out of 10 they are and losing them is a blow

Rom is definitely a good player who we're going to miss

Like I've already said, he's a beast. He's not perfect, but he's still immense and I think a lot of us are going to be gutted to see him leave

But if you disagree then you disagree

You can go back and look at the thread of any of our best players who go on to leave, there's a definite correlation where people begin talking down a players abilities when it looks like they are out of the door, and these are sometimes people who were previously positive when it came to the player

Like I've said, it's a coping mechanism whereby someone talks down a player with the eventual goal being to minimise the only natural disappointment that comes from a good player leaving

It's been happening for years when a good player wilfully leaves us

I was guilty of it myself all those years back when Rooney left. "Oh, he's not that good really" I said, but I was wrong, and it didn't make me feel any better. It's better just to accept the disappointment and take it in stride in my opinion, rather than try to act like a player isn't really all that, because 9 times out of 10 they are and losing them is a blow

Like I've already said, he's a beast. He's not perfect, but he's still immense and I think a lot of us are going to be gutted to see him leave

It happens every time. It's just fans protecting themselves because they don't want to be vulnerable. They don't want to get hurt.

But you've got to risk heartbreak to gain happiness. To gain love.

Don't be afraid blues. It's OK to love. It's OK to lose. It's OK to cry. X

So by those comments it's clear you didn't watch it.

Don't you find it odd that everyone says the same thing but you, we broke and missed the opportunity to capitalise due to poor judgment or pure selfishness.

It was the perfect game plan that almost worked
It was the 'perfect game plan'...they hit the bar twice, scored a perfectly good goal, and scored an equaliser.

I'd hate to see what you consider an imperfect plan.

We scored and then sat off and waited for the inevitable to happen when you do that.

Poor management. The only time we've won at OT for decades was when we took it to them toe to toe till the last minute.

Fortune favours the brave...not cowards who orders his team back.

It's been happening for years when a good player wilfully leaves us, and it's not a wholly irrational thing to do (Nor was I suggesting it was) but I also contend it's, at heart, a fallacy that never works

Perhaps you're right, and I simply don't see it because I'm not one for getting attached to players.

It was the 'perfect game plan'...they hit the bar twice, scored a perfectly good goal, and scored an equaliser.

I'd hate to see what you consider an imperfect plan.

We scored and then sat off and waited for the inevitable to happen when you do that.

Poor management. The only time we've won at OT for decades was when we took it to them toe to toe till the last minute.

Fortune favours the brave...not cowards who orders his team back.

The Oviedo game we got smashed for 90minutes, hit them once on the counter and scored a lucky goal.

But hey, lets pretend we went toe to toe.

lollollol

Tell that to Belgium fans. The BBC pundits were actually laughing at his attempts at controlling the ball when they played Italy last summer.

It's a shame that Lukaku can't appreciate what he has here, because he will not enjoy playing for a club with standards.
Yeah yeah, he's rubbish mate. The worst top scorer we've ever had.

Sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back