Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be glad to see the back of him. I understand there is next to no loyalty in football these days but this belter has done nothing but moan about how he would rather be somewhere else. If Ross doesn't want to stay then he can go as well. Use the money to bring in 2 or 3 quality attackers who want to be here. I'm sure those 2 or 3 attackers could manage 30 goals between them.
He's been a great player and servant.

No need to call him a belter because he wants out. He';s not an Everton supporter. Why would he want to stay when a CL club who could probably win the thing wants him?

I'll thank him for his record breaking goals and wish him well.

Circa 70 goals and almost trebling the cash spent out on him. What a bargain.

Not the end of the world. Thankfully we have a manager who I have confidence in to reinvest the money wisely. I'd hoped we'd get one final season out of Lukaku but there you go. Looks to be an exciting summer anyway. Let's hope it goes better then the last one.

Not sure about this guy who can't even get a cap for Brazil and has been a journeyman up to this moment. Ok, he can do a Gana but with the Lukaku mobey we need to go for proven quality.

Seems a lot of money given his past clubs and even the quality/type of goals scored. Not convinced by Walsh yet... Lets see who we get in the summer.

who would you be after, striker wise??

It;s a matter of which striker this Dutchman wants.

He'll go for a Pelle type. Big lad who can get about the pitch and hold up play.

We will struggle to replace Lukaku so i understand perfectly the angst about his leaving.

Not sure about this guy who can't even get a cap for Brazil and has been a journeyman up to this moment. Ok, he can do a Gana but with the Lukaku money we need to go for proven quality.

To be fair didier drogba was seen in the same light prior to Marseille.
If Jose is as much as a snide as costa with the same work rate I'd be quite happy

Raiola already said that very few clubs would be able to afford him. Ideally we won't sell him to a Premier League team. Real Madrid or Paris St Germain might be possibilities. Man City and Chelsea seem the only PL clubs that could pay £80m or so. Not sure if Mourinho would want to or be able to spend that much on Lukaku.

"Realistically the only clubs that can afford Lukaku are Paris Saint Germain, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid.”

He's been a great player and servant.

No need to call him a belter because he wants out. He';s not an Everton supporter. Why would he want to stay when a CL club who could probably win the thing wants him?

I'll thank him for his record breaking goals and wish him well.

Circa 70 goals and almost trebling the cash spent out on him. What a bargain.
Sums up my sentiments almost perfectly.

To be fair didier drogba was seen in the same light prior to Marseille.
If Jose is as much as a snide as costa with the same work rate I'd be quite happy

A big if Koeman really wants him that's fair enough but I am hoping with Lukaku money we will buy two strikers with reputation to replace him.

Sadly looks like he's going, for sure.

We've progressed well this season, but last 2 seasons of mid table rubbish mean that our regression came at the worst possible time to keep him. He would have gone last season, but gave us another go to get into champions league, and we're sadly gonna fall short.

I wish him well, best finisher I've ever seen at the club.

70m+, and we have to buy best possible quality to replace him - a tall order.

who would you be after, striker wise??
For me I'd go all out for dembele from Celtic. He has similar physical attributes to rom, looks an accomplished finisher, although it's only the Scottish league people will say, VVD their previous stand out player has adapted well to the premiership. Dembele would come to the club at a similar age to when rom joined us and maybe we could develop him in time to be a suitable replacement for rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back