Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bothered. We need committed players to really push on. Kane at Spurs loves his club and they are reaping the rewards. You need to want to run through a brick wall for the club.

If you don't want to play for Everton or think that there is better then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
And by signing someone from probably Europe they will give us that do you think

It's going to be sickening to see him play for Chelsea next season

I understand why he wants back there like, he's a Chelsea fan and he feels he has unfinished business, but man, those fans treated him like dirt when he left. They chanted "Chelsea Reject" at him and everything, and now he's going to gleefully go back and they're going to smugly welcome him back into the fold

It really is a kick in the knackers for us, who believed in him when they didn't and backed him when they were taunting him

I know it's stupid to expect loyalty from a player, and I've been expecting Rom to go for a while, but they'll be unbearable with their goading and smugness when he walks out at Goodison with a Chelsea shirt on. I wish he was committed to the project here but the timing just hasn't worked out, and we're not along enough to make him want to stay

Two accursed wasted seasons where we should have kicked on but didn't and a season here where we steadied but needed more. Had we done better, he might see us as a more viable option. As it is, Chelsea are just so much better than we are and he already likes them to begin with, there's just no contest

Oh well, life goes on I suppose and there'll still be an Everton long after Romelu Lukaku hangs up his boots, but it would have been brilliant if we'd been able to hang onto him and he'd gone on to legendary status here as part of an all-time successful side

We need to get the right price and hope the money is spent well. He'll be irreplaceable, but hopefully we can come out of it as a stronger side even if we can't find anyone that matches him as an individual

This summer is possibly the biggest in our modern history, let's hope we do the business we need to

We've stated the opening gambit price of £100 million - so if Chelsea, or anyone for that matter, are seriously interested they need to open their cheque early so all parties can move on.

Not saying I want it to happen, but if it is going to, then for heavens sake get it done and out of the way quickly and on our terms !!!

We've stated the opening gambit price of £100 million - so if Chelsea, or anyone for that matter, are seriously interested they need to open their cheque early so all parties can move on.

Not saying I want it to happen, but if it is going to, then for heavens sake get it done and out of the way quickly and on our terms !!!

Exactly

For all we know informal discussions might have already started

I wouldn't be shocked if all parties wanted it sorted ASAP, especially as we're likely going to need to get a squad together for Europa League in July

We're not getting anything close to 100mill.

Of course we will miss his goals but he has yet to prove to me that he is a difference maker in the very biggest games.

He had a great game in the quarter final last year. He followed that up with a Brett Angell level performance at Wembley.
He can score braces at home for fun against fodder, yet is often anonymous against the top 6 or away from home, (1 goal in 2017).

Cahill and Ferguson scored winning goals at tough away grounds. Never as prolific but difference makers.

I don't want to lose Rom. But at the same time I don't want an uncommitted player who thinks he is better than Everton. No player is. It is an honour to play for this club. Players who are 100% behind that statement will carry us to glory.

He is the leagues top scorer end of.
He has scored key goals, from memory, against City, Arsenal, Chelsea and the RS.

To say he doesn't make a difference is utterly ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back