Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
We released several statement saying Stones wasn't for sale and a final statement claiming that we were disgusted with how Chelsea had operated ('a certain PL club' was the wording I think).

But that is not an official complaint. To make a formal complaint you have to submit a series of forms to the PL. From what I understand that is what Southampton have done.

No. They'll get away with it. Premier League have confirmed no further action, which is ludicrous.

PL haven't confirmed that yet. For that to happen it seems that Southampton will have to withdraw their complaint and from what I have seen elsewhere they aren't of a mind to do that. You sort of get the impression something happened in the past that Southampton let go but they didn't learn and have treated Southampton with contempt.

PL haven't confirmed that yet. For that to happen it seems that Southampton will have to withdraw their complaint and from what I have seen elsewhere they aren't of a mind to do that. You sort of get the impression something happened in the past that Southampton let go but they didn't learn and have treated Southampton with contempt.
It's the RS mate, they'll get away with it.

No. They'll get away with it. Premier League have confirmed no further action, which is ludicrous.
They wont be getting away with anything mate.
Liverpool are currently under a ban for "tapping up" a 12 year old Stoke trainee....hence the dramatic U turn & grovelling apology.
Massive ramifications if it happens again as the next ban could be limitless.Liverpool in a right mess over this now.

Take it they wont be bidding for Rom for sure :red:

pretty sure they have mate

It's the RS mate, they'll get away with it.

To a degree I think you are right and I suspect the PL really want this to all go away but from what is being said elsewhere the evidence is overwhelming even to the point where VVD had a meeting in Blackpool with either Klopp or Liverpool representatives.
The apology was blind panic. I think there is far more to this and whilst not having seen it reported the announcement of the Solanke signing on Monday 30 May looks interesting
The player will have been given a formal written notice by Chelsea after the FA cup final(27 May) telling him that this wished to retain him and for compensation to be payable that letter would detail what was on offer. The issuing of that letter would be the earliest date, unless previous permission were granted which in the case of Solanke seems unlikely that the player or anyone acting on his behalf could talk to other clubs yet on the following Monday whilst Solanke isnaway on international duty it's announced he is joining them lot.

I really hope he doesn't get booed when he returns, but it's obvious that he will.
Obviously deserved. You see why did he choose to make these disrespectful comment to the club whenever he went on international duty. He can leave yes but what's the fuss with all these ongoing comment in public.

Obviously deserved. You see why did he choose to make these disrespectful comment to the club whenever he went on international duty. He can leave yes but what's the fuss with all these ongoing comment in public.
He's ambitious. Is that a so bad? He's been open about his ambition since the moment he signed, yet people are still finding ways to get offended. Bore off.

Yeah he's been a little disrespectful but he's been our best striker for decades. When he returns people should just keep their mouths shut instead of replicating kids on a playground when the teacher confiscates their ball. Imagine thousands of actual middle aged men booing a 24 year old man because he's ambitious. It's fking tragic.

He's ambitious. Is that a so bad? He's been open about his ambition since the moment he signed, yet people are still finding ways to get offended. Bore off.

Yeah he's been a little disrespectful but he's been our best striker for decades. When he returns people should just keep their mouths shut instead of replicating kids on a playground when the teacher confiscates their ball. Imagine thousands of actual middle aged men booing a 24 year old man because he's ambitious. It's fking tragic.

I would sooner just beat Chelsea home and away and finish in the top 4. Rather than boo I would laugh at him when he throws his hands in the air

I think that is a slight understatement pal. Not wanting to go down the route of sounding like a "yer da" but it does begin to rankle when he says things like it not being an option to stay with the club who employ him and with two years left on his contract.

Also regarding the not booing him, curious if you think John Stones should or shouldn't have got stick this year when he came back? Or do you think we should act indifferent to any players that leave, regardless of what esteem the fans hold them in after their moves?

He has gone and it looks 99.999999% that it is Chelsea. We just have to hope we get the fee we want and reinvest it quickly on some good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back