Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf here those two matches are amongst his worst for the national team. Against Estonia he genuinely couldn't be bothered - he does that sometimes. Against Holland - a friendly (I think it was the November one), not a single person in the team could be bothered to turn up. To his credit; when he entered the game the balance changed. If I remember correctly we started the game with Mertens as a false nine; was a complete failure, Lukaku entered and the team started playing better; even though he didn't have a good game.

I dislike compilations; they are quite easy to manipulate.
yup, could easily counter with a compilation of all his PL goals

Why should we sell Rom just because he want's out?He has 2 years left on his contract.I say we don't sell this summer and force him to stay another year.He won't like it but he'll have to seal with it.It will give us a year to properly source a replacement and Ron won't down tools, because there is nothing for him to gain by doing that.He needs to play football and there is a world cup coming up.The only losers in this if Rom downs tools is Rom himself.So i say force him to stay with us another year and then sell him next summer.Hopefully by then he might have learned some humility and actually start delivering the goods in the really big games.

He'll have to seal with it.Bad typo that but S is right beside D on the keyboard in my defence!Sure Rom might need to improve his attitude, ability to hold up a ball and ability to deliver in the big matches on a regular and consistent basis.But i think i could also do with improving on the grammatical errors on some of my posts!

Source: http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2016/192/en/

I do wish they'd public their algorithm.

wp192_dk.svg

Looking at the apparent intense activity around incoming big-money transfers, do we think that a deal to sell Lukaku is already agreed at this moment in time?

(Feel free to make a poll on this question, anyone :))

We're 'billionaires' aren't we?

I'd make him stay for 12 months, and then if we don't achieve what we want to next season we sell him for around £30m.

Would losing £50m in a transfer fee be worth his guaranteed 25 goals? I'd say so.

I wouldn't want a sulking Lukaku playing for us to be honest. If he wants out so much then sell him to the highest bidder. He's gone anyway, not on any publicity shots for the new shirt which speaks volumes. Bit odd how Ross is though all things considered.

I wouldn't want a sulking Lukaku playing for us to be honest. If he wants out so much then sell him to the highest bidder. He's gone anyway, not on any publicity shots for the new shirt which speaks volumes. Bit odd how Ross is though all things considered.

Be glad when it'd done and dusted with Rom tbh...he's been touting himself pretty well since we got him and his value is about as high as it's going to get for us...take the money and build with it.
Ross is the weird one..think he's being badly advised by his agent and he'll shoot himself in the foot as we will just offload him..which I very much doubt he actually wants

Looking at the apparent intense activity around incoming big-money transfers, do we think that a deal to sell Lukaku is already agreed at this moment in time?

(Feel free to make a poll on this question, anyone :))
Have you not seen the Estonia highlights? Imagine a season of that. We need him out the door asap so there's no maybes and we can build for next season

I was quite calm & content with Rom seeking a CL opportunity. I understand we're not at that level yet & the lad has been clear from the outset so, all was fine by me to see him go.

Having said that, I've slowly come round to the fact that he's sabotaging the whole sale for Everton. We've set a price based on our valuation & in a market where Pickford is worth 30 million, we've probably under quoted! But for him to have said he's picked his future team, seriously undermines Evertons negotiation! Now, in fairness, I have stated in the past that anything over our purchase price is good business, but I've meant it in the context that we made money, not in a market value context of course.

Essentially, we won't lose money on him, but we'll lose potential profit instead. We were lucky to have him but by the same token, we were the ones that paid the asking price at the time. I don't recall him saying things that would help us get a cheaper price from Chelski at the time.....

Really wish he loved everton, wants to stay and become a legend and leads the frontline at our first home game at the docks.

Seeing what we are bringing in shows ambition, shows we could get champs league but it will be so much harder without his goals.

Resigned to the fact he is leaving but really wish he wasn't.

Heartbreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back