Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku is 24, and he's just scored 25 premier league goals in one season.

When Drogba was 24 he scored 3 goals in 11 league games for Guingamp.

Lukaku already has a better goals per game ratio in the Premier League than Drogba had over his PL career, and even in his best ever season for Chelsea when they had a much better side than we had last term, he only scored two more than Lukaku has just scored.

To suggest he'll never be better is just nonsense, he already scores more goals.

How dare you . Stand in the corner put your hands on your head for ten minutes!

What's your point?

How many pivotal goals has he (Lukaku) scored? Drogba could always be relied on to do *something* of note in every game he played.

I like Rom. He's a tremendous player, but he's nowhere near Drogba at his peak. Not yet anyway.

That's nonsense though isn't it. Even the best strikers in the world don't do something of note in every game.

The reality is that aside from one amazing season where he scored 29 goals in 32 games, his goal scoring record was never that great.

5 goals in 24 games the season before that and 11 goals in 36 games the season following it.

He was also playing in a side that for almost the entire time he was there had a far better squad than the Everton team Lukaku has played in. In the season where Drogba scored 29 goals he was playing alongside the likes of Essien, Ballack, and Lampard.

I think there's some serious overstatement of Drogba going on in this thread. He had plenty of Sky Sports 'OMG LAD' goals but as a striker he was less consistent than Lukaku already is at the age of 24. That's a fact.

Have no idea how he scored that freekick in 5 a side to be honest.

Other than that...at least Barkley has kept his mouth shut while this biff is doing everything bar wear a Chelsea shirt

What Barkley is doing is more annoying in my opinion.

Btw watched that video and didn't even notice the hoardings haha

And? He still got the goals that put us through didn't he..
That goal often gets brought up as evidence of him doing it against the big sides when the pressure is on. I'm just pointing out that it was against a team which finished 10th.

His performances at the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and the Emirates are nothing short of embarrassing; which is why I can't see him making an impact at the elite level.

People will argue that it would be different with better players behind him, but he has that with Belgium and is always anonymous as soon as they run into stoff opposition at a tournament.

Was he on the bench when they won it?

I'm surprised he doesn't turn up to training with the medal around his neck, like Kurt Angle.

Digging deep into my aging memory pretty sure he got it by virtue of being in the squad I think he did play in one or two games but no I don't think he was in the bench for the final

Can't wait for our two resident narcissists to leave tbh
Much rather have the £120m to reinvest
I'd rather Lukaku and Barkley stayed. Very few teams progress by selling two of its stars, the obvious counter to that is that they feel they've given us enough chance.

That's nonsense though isn't it. Even the best strikers in the world don't do something of note in every game.

The reality is that aside from one amazing season where he scored 29 goals in 32 games, his goal scoring record was never that great.

5 goals in 24 games the season before that and 11 goals in 36 games the season following it.

He was also playing in a side that for almost the entire time he was there had a far better squad than the Everton team Lukaku has played in. In the season where Drogba scored 29 goals he was playing alongside the likes of Essien, Ballack, and Lampard.

I think there's some serious overstatement of Drogba going on in this thread. He had plenty of Sky Sports 'OMG LAD' goals but as a striker he was less consistent than Lukaku already is at the age of 24. That's a fact.

Just to reinforce your point I read the other day that in his 7 games against Chelsea he has scored two goals whereas Messi in his 9 games against Chelsea has never scored.

That goal often gets brought up as evidence of him doing it against the big sides when the pressure is on. I'm just pointing out that it was against a team which finished 10th.

His performances at the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge and the Emirates are nothing short of embarrassing; which is why I can't see him making an impact at the elite level.

People will argue that it would be different with better players behind him, but he has that with Belgium and is always anonymous as soon as they run into stoff opposition at a tournament.

To be fair it would help if the whole team turned up against them teams

Digging deep into my aging memory pretty sure he got it by virtue of being in the squad I think he did play in one or two games but no I don't think he was in the bench for the final
Looking at his Wiki stats, I don't think he was in the squad.

Made eight league appearances and three in the League Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back