Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose Rom and end up with two solid strikers in his place, this won't hurt us nearly as much. Let's hope our replacements are up for the task. We should at the very least have a much more varied attack this season.

seen this mail on football 365 from a chelsea fan:

Hating and dreading Lukaku…
When Miguel Sanchez asked the ‘who do you hate’ question in the mailbox, I can imagine the most keys typed were R,T,E,Y in that order. You know a player is a bit of a c*** when even I can acknowledge, as a Chelsea fan, that he’s a bit of a knob.

On to my hated player I’m gonna say Lukaku. He comes across so pompous and self entitled and treats his current team with zero respect. He complains when his teammates don’t deliver the perfect pass, but doesn’t expect to be berated when he botches a glorious chance after a perfect pass. I’ve never seen someone so clearly think he’s better than a team. Ashley Williams complained to him during a match for a lack of work rate (allegedly), and he decided to “silence” him even if it was blatantly true.

If this is the guy who has been picked to lead the Chelsea line I’m dreading next season. His attitude is so off-putting and he wants everything delivered to him on a silver platter. He claims he loves Chelsea and didn’t bother fighting for his place against a broken Torres, Ol’ man Eto’o and Demba Ba.

This has been longer than I thought but Lukaku’s attitude is far worse than his first touch and I’d hate him to be Chelsea’s first-choice striker.

That is all.
Emma (Please get Belotti. Pleeeaaaasssseeee)

Utter, undiluted tosh.

Although I agree with the Belotti part.

Don't think he has improved that much since he left Chelsea he will always score goals but that manager at Chelsea wants work rate and that you wont get from Rom
They must be crazy to get shut of Costa and replace him with Rom if the goals dry up he offers nothing but sulking and shoulder shrugging
he will get a good reception here when he his playing on loan for WBA in a couple of years

Don't think he has improved that much since he left Chelsea he will always score goals but that manager at Chelsea wants work rate and that you wont get from Rom
They must be crazy to get shut of Costa and replace him with Rom if the goals dry up he offers nothing but sulking and shoulder shrugging
he will get a good reception here when he his playing on loan for WBA in a couple of years
I sort of agree with you there. By his nature Rom isn't the sort of striker that will run lost causes or put preasure on players off the ball but equally if he's up a fight (something we didn't see much over the last half a dozen games last season) he can bully and throw his wieght around and given his undying love for Chelsea he may adapt his game to do whatever the manager wants.

probably won't though.

It's not so much work rate, but his ability to link/hold-up play that might let him down at Chelsea. Costa is up there with the best at that stuff & a big reason the goals are shared round the team so much.

It's not so much work rate, but his ability to link/hold-up play that might let him down at Chelsea. Costa is up there with the best at that stuff & a big reason the goals are shared round the team so much.
damn fine point. On the odd occasion when Rom's first touch was on point you'd normally see the likes of Barkley and that getting in on the goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back