Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way Real would attempt to sign him, he is trouble. They have the ability to sign any player in the world, and usually only sign players they can market.

There isn't a single sponsor in the class a category that would co-sign his contract.
He is arguably in the top 3 strikers in the world. Of course they would sign him

Id rather have Bony for £20M tbh.

Think Lukaku will be unplayable in 2/3 seasons time but we need an impact now. Bony scored 24/25 goals this season for Swansea and watching at Goodison the lad was awesome, his second touch wasnt a tackle, held everything up and brought everyone into play.

Weakness' to Lukaku's game have got to be his touch and his shooting from 20 yards+ is frankly dire. I also think he isnt strong enough for his size, he doesnt bully defenders anywhere near enough for my liking, he should be a fkin monster and he isnt IMO.

Dont think we have a chance of signing him, if we do ill be happy about the signal of intent it sends out, but if as expected we dont im not going to be overly arsed.

Bony - 16 goals in 34 league games
Lukaku - 15 goals in 31 league games

Lukaku is far younger, has more potential, and has a better scoring record in the only competition they both competed in equally.

I'm baffled you'd rather spend £20m on Bony.

Bony has had a very good season, and is rightly being looked at by some bigger clubs. Some might be wary that he could turn out to be a one-season wonder, but time will tell.

The reason Lukaku has got MORE media attention is threefold:

1) He's scored double figures in the prem in consecutive seasons
2) He's done it for two non-sky-4 teams
3) He's five years younger than Bony

If Bony moves to Southampton or Newcastle and replicates this season's goalscoring rate he would match 1) and 2) above and the media would be salivating all over him. As it stands I think he'll end up at Arsenal or Spurs.
I think you missed two important reasons:

1.) Lukaku joining us on loan lets the press speculate about alternative title scenarios which they love. When you have the audacity to act as though Chelsea would obviously have been closer to the title had they not loaned Lukaku out, you can write endless articles about something that never happened, which seems to be the state of journalism these days. If they had kept Lukaku and not purchased Eto'o, you would have been hearing the opposite story (Chelsea should have invested in a top striker right now instead of relying on an inexperienced Lukaku).

2.) Lukaku playing for us also let the press discount our accomplishments this season. "Plucky little Everton are only playing well because Chelsea were kind enough to lend them a top class player."

It's all about the story to them, and a striker playing very well for a team that also had a striker play very well for them last year, and for a team who hasn't really achieved any more or less than we'd expect, just isn't that great of a story.

off topic but I see The US vice presidents son has been appointed to the board of Ukraines largest private gas supplier.
What has this got to do with football? Ukraine has football teams.

off topic but I see The US vice presidents son has been appointed to the board of Ukraines largest private gas supplier.
What has this got to do with football? Ukraine has football teams.
J170Lbd.gif

Bony - 16 goals in 34 league games
Lukaku - 15 goals in 31 league games

Lukaku is far younger, has more potential, and has a better scoring record in the only competition they both competed in equally.

I'm baffled you'd rather spend £20m on Bony.

and that's a generous listing of their performances this season in regards to favouring Bony Brennan mate, bear in mind 4 of his goals where from the pen spot and the truer figure would be

Bony - 12 goals in 34 games
Lukaku - 15 goals in 31 games

Although he finished as 9th on this season scorers chart, if pens got subtracted off and it was just goals from play, then the onyl ones to score more than him would be

Suarez, Sturridge, Aguerro and Dzeko

Toure (6), Rooney (4), Giroud (1), and Bony (4) all had their goals padded by taking pens for their teams to finish with a higher number than Lukaku

Lukaku is better than Bony and he'd probably cost about the same if not less, I don't really understand where all these Bony shouts are coming from, Swansea definitely wont want to lose him whilst Chelsea might not be too arsed about losing Romelu, given their past record of selling their best strikers for reasonable prices see Sturridge, Daniel.

Had meeting with #cfc & the club decided to offer him to atletico Madrid and number of English clubs (obviously we must be one)

Seen this on twitter. Take it with a punch if salt for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back