Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wages though. And he is well aware of what Martinez is building. We were 4 reversal scores off the title this season, that was with half a team at times, especially the opening 3 fixtures. Plus Belg Kev plays for us. :)
Make no mistake about it la, any football in his right mind, literally any footballer unless he was an absolutely mad Evertonian, would and should choose Atletico Madrid over Everton.

Wages though. And he is well aware of what Martinez is building. We were 4 reversal scores off the title this season, that was with half a team at times, especially the opening 3 fixtures. Plus Belg Kev plays for us. :)
Yeah but if he goes to Atletico he'd definitely bang them in for them and would get picked up by another top team in a season or so...

Just hoping that Kev reassures him over the summer that Goodison is the place to be. Hazard & De Bruyne don't sound like they're on happy terms with Jose at the moment either, so perhaps that will also play a part.

[QUOTE="DualityNSNO, post: 2723307, member: 5732] Yeah but if he goes to Atletico he'd definitely bang them in for them and would get picked up by another top team in a season or so...[/QUOTE]
He would quickly become a journey man/mercenary In that scenario. To fulfill potential, and that is what it is as this moment, he needs a stable base. He won't be the player he should be if he goes abroad now IMO.

If that is true I see it as a higher chance of signing him. He will want to stay in England as his friends are here, more exposure and more money to be made. Atletico have been superb this season, but they are still paupers compared with Barca and Real.

If Chelsea are looking to sell I think we will get him.

Hope you're right. I think he would rather stay in the Premier League but there's no doubting he desperately wants CL footy, something we can't offer him right now, and can't guarantee we'll be able to offer him in the next couple of seasons.

To be fair I'll have massive respect for him if he signs for us.

The short interview he done for evertontv after the Hull game was great, sounds like a player who just wants to improve, could just be saying that for the cameras though.

Make no mistake about it la, any football in his right mind, literally any footballer unless he was an absolutely mad Evertonian, would and should choose Atletico Madrid over Everton.

Mate you do realise that Athletico are in a huge financial hole, with debt at about 500m quid atm and debt loan repayments of 17m quid a year, also the way Spain works with tax on transfer fees takes a shed load off any player sales too

Spent 31m last year sold 70m 2013 -39m net spend
Spent 4m sold 18m 2012 -14m net spend
spent 80m sold 75m 2011 5m net spend
Spent 29m sold 21m 2010 8m net spend

those figures show a spiralling crisis for them financially and one alluded to by their president the other month, the champions league may stop it getting any worse but their still set for a big net spend again this season, selling Costa isn't about them going out and splashing 20-25m to replace him they need to sell to survive mate, and Lukaku will probably be out of their price range unless they have some other major sales on top of Costa

theirs a reason remember why they couldn't actually afford to pay the 5m to be able to play their keeper against chelsea until Uefa saved them with their competition ruling

Mate you do realise that Athletico are in a huge financial hole, with debt at about 500m quid atm and debt loan repayments of 17m quid a year, also the way Spain works with tax on transfer fees takes a shed load off any player sales too

Spent 31m last year sold 70m 2013 -39m net spend
Spent 4m sold 18m 2012 -14m net spend
spent 80m sold 75m 2011 5m net spend
Spent 29m sold 21m 2010 8m net spend

those figures show a spiralling crisis for them financially and one alluded to by their president the other month, the champions league may stop it getting any worse but their still set for a big net spend again this season, selling Costa isn't about them going out and splashing 20-25m to replace him they need to sell to survive mate, and Lukaku will probably be out of their price range unless they have some other major sales on top of Costa

theirs a reason remember why they couldn't actually afford to pay the 5m to be able to play their keeper against chelsea until Uefa saved them with their competition ruling
Just saying mate, from a purely football perspective, any footballer would be foolish to join us over them if given the option.

Possible double winners (I think they'll win neither btw); an excellent side.

Hope to high heaven we can sign Lukaku like!

No doubt about it Atletico are a top football side at the moment with class players...

and so are Everton.

I honestly would not fear much in Europe. We have matched all of the top 4 this season and our young players are getting better every game.

We have every chance of landing Lukaku.

Just saying mate, from a purely football perspective, any footballer would be foolish to join us over them if given the option.

Possible double winners (I think they'll win neither btw); an excellent side.

Hope to high heaven we can sign Lukaku like!

Aye mate was just trying to illustrate the financial mess their in atm, a smart player would think twice before going their. If ya bored liek will link a couple of interesting articles from over the past 2 years about the Athletico situation, and honestly its eye opening as i never realised how much of a mess their in currently

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/atletico-madrid-its-mad-world.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-hood-club-of-european-football-9257781.html

Simeone has done an amazing job their, but it's so precariously balanced they could very easily plummet at any time, much like Sevilla and Betis did a few years back

I actually think they will look at Bacca to replace Costa, proven in the league and a buy out of 9m represents their trend of having to sell and buy cheap in order to service their debts

Athletico are a selling club, he'd be there 2, 3 years max.

They would spin him in one year mate if he had a very good season, thing is i doubt they'd pay a premium which he will probably go for as the quick turnaround may not be possible if he has a slowish start in Spain

Would Lukaku suit Atletico's style? I've always associated La Liga with good ball control and although I'd love us to sign Rom his first touch is one of the areas he needs the most improvement. Sorry for the ignorance of the question, apart from a few CL games don't watch much of the La Liga teams.

Also how long is Simeone likely to stay at Atletico given his kids are still back in Argentina, any chance of him getting the Argentina coach job after the world cup?

Cant see Romelu wanting to go to Spain. He's said many a time how he wants to be the best in the Premier League and eventually the World.

Just hoping that Kev reassures him over the summer that Goodison is the place to be. Hazard & De Bruyne don't sound like they're on happy terms with Jose at the moment either, so perhaps that will also play a part.

Funny you mention that, De Bruyne and Lukaku are really, really good mates. The way he was treated at Chelsea and more so Mourinho may leave Romelu thinking twice about wanting to go back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back