Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mention that, De Bruyne and Lukaku are really, really good mates. The way he was treated at Chelsea and more so Mourinho may leave Romelu thinking twice about wanting to go back there.
Funny you mention that, De Bruyne and Lukaku are really, really good mates. The way he was treated at Chelsea and more so Mourinho may leave Romelu thinking twice about wanting to go back there.
http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/belgian-agent.55621/

I'd think the chance of him going to Dortmund would have been a real possibility if it wasn't for the fact they've already started signing the replacements for Lewandowski, plus think Lukaku won't leave the prem, my guess is either us on a perm, or staying at Chelsea and being loaned again this season to either us

Here's some 'behind the scenes' vids of him on YouTube from this season. You can tell that he's still a young lad who likes a laugh and clearly he enjoyed being around the club and the players.

Hope you're right. I think he would rather stay in the Premier League but there's no doubting he desperately wants CL footy, something we can't offer him right now, and can't guarantee we'll be able to offer him in the next couple of seasons.

To be fair I'll have massive respect for him if he signs for us.

I certainly hope so, because I want him to bang in 20 and fire us into the Champions League. That's the much more dignified route to the Champions League than simply allowing another group of players to earn the right to play there, and then transferring over. I think plenty of our players desperately want Champions League, and I know Martinez desperately wants it. Suarez stayed and fired a mostly awful team into the Champions League. Lukaku has enough potential that he should aspire to be that type of player in my opinion.

Spurs and Arsenal would offer him higher wages though (and transfer fee!) and the Mata deal demonstrates Mourinho will sell to direct PL rivals...so wouldn't they be higher in the pecking order than us?

Spurs and Arsenal would offer him higher wages though (and transfer fee!) and the Mata deal demonstrates Mourinho will sell to direct PL rivals...so wouldn't they be higher in the pecking order than us?
I think the fact that they're London rivals (direct regional rivalry) as opposed to a PL rival (which they are too) means some people have discounted him selling Lukaku to them. I think it would be unlikely to happen as well IMO

I actually dont think £20M even gets Lukaku.

I also dont think he would come here now we finished outside the CL places...he virtually said as much in an interview.

He wants to be a chelsea legend and i fully expect he will be there next season unless JM just doesnt want him around in anyway

Does a release clause mean if the buying team matches that price the player's team MUST sell? Was reading the first few pages of the thread

BnmqwSeIQAEmU-B.jpg

Can anyone think of a reason (of a positive nature) as to why we are not in for him now, if we want him of course, what benefit could it serve to us to wait until after WC

Can anyone think of a reason (of a positive nature) as to why we are not in for him now, if we want him of course, what benefit could it serve to us to wait until after WC

Power is not with us in this though mate, if Chelsea or the player or both have said their waiting till after we have no option but to wait or switch targets like

Power is not with us in this though mate, if Chelsea or the player or both have said their waiting till after we have no option but to wait or switch targets like
I agree an that would indicate that he ain't the desperate to join we could at least test the water with a bid and show some willing it's often said if you're standing still in modern football you're falling behind we need to tie up 2 strikers a centre mid and a exciting winger just to stand still, compared to other clubs we have already fallen behind clubs are starting to improve their squads , shaw, lallana, Costa we have already lost 4 players and the type of players we need will be jetting off to World Cup training camp in less than a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back