Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had meeting with #cfc & the club decided to offer him to atletico Madrid and number of English clubs (obviously we must be one)

Seen this on twitter. Take it with a punch if salt for now.

Is this from indykalia, no one on Twitter ever has correct info

It's been all over twitter in the last few hours that Chelsea are supposedly offering Rom to Athletico as part of the Costa deal. Nothing new though, in fairness..

Also Ray Wilkins has apparently said that Chelsea "need" him back next season.

The Daily Mail where reporting it earlier, it's a case of Chinese whispers when it comes to tw*tter though.

It's been all over twitter in the last few hours that Chelsea are supposedly offering Rom to Athletico as part of the Costa deal. Nothing new though, in fairness..

Also Ray Wilkins has apparently said that Chelsea "need" him back next season.
avoid chatting with Wilkins...the conversation never goes forward; goes sideways at best, but usually backwards.

We should just go and sign him. We have loads of promising youngsters in midfield and defence but desperately need a striker. He is 21 and will grow at the same time as Barkley, Stones, McCarthy and Coleman and we will see Ledson and hopefully Browning, Kenny and even Lundstram come through, hopefully others. He is the one position we need a big investment in.

The original source is this:

@FootieWriter: #CFC - Lukaku has held meeting with #CFC & has been offered to #Athletico (not directly part of Costa deal) & others inc English clubs.

I understand 99% of Twitter football gossip is jarg, but this guy has some kind of source. He's the only account of that kind that I follow, he has a brilliant track record with his transfer shouts.

EDIT: He isn't the original source, seems the papers were reporting it earlier but him tweeting it confirms it for me. Not that it's major news but it probably means we have a very low chance of signing him now.

If he knows they want him out you would have to think we would be one of his preferred destinations. It just comes down to how much he'll cost and who else comes in for him.

The original source is this:

@FootieWriter: #CFC - Lukaku has held meeting with #CFC & has been offered to #Athletico (not directly part of Costa deal) & others inc English clubs.

I understand 99% of Twitter football gossip is jarg, but this guy has some kind of source. He's the only account of that kind that I follow, he has a brilliant track record with his transfer shouts.

EDIT: He isn't the original source, seems the papers were reporting it earlier but him tweeting it confirms it for me. Not that it's major news but it probably means we have a very low chance of signing him now.

If that is true I see it as a higher chance of signing him. He will want to stay in England as his friends are here, more exposure and more money to be made. Atletico have been superb this season, but they are still paupers compared with Barca and Real.

If Chelsea are looking to sell I think we will get him.

We should just go and sign him. We have loads of promising youngsters in midfield and defence but desperately need a striker. He is 21 and will grow at the same time as Barkley, Stones, McCarthy and Coleman and we will see Ledson and hopefully Browning, Kenny and even Lundstram come through, hopefully others. He is the one position we need a big investment in.

Spot on, we have the makings of a damn good team for quite a few seasons ala 80s.

I think if given the opportunity to go to Atletico over us he'd take it. Top Spanish team playing regular CL footy? He'd snap that up in likelihood.

I think if given the opportunity to go to Atletico over us he'd take it. Top Spanish team playing regular CL footy? He'd snap that up in likelihood.
Wages though. And he is well aware of what Martinez is building. We were 4 reversal scores off the title this season, that was with half a team at times, especially the opening 3 fixtures. Plus Belg Kev plays for us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back