Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'd go all out for Lukaku permanently, if that doesn't happen and he signs a new deal and is offered to us in a loan deal, no thanks.

Enough of this loan temporary crap, sign permanently or we look elsewhere for a striker who commits and signs a long term deal.

You would turn down a striker who we know can get us 15+ goals a year is proven in the league and is settled at the team just because we can't sign him permanently, if that's the case mate then we should discount Dele too and any other quality player who we cannot afford. Athletico had the same mentality they'd not be challenging for the league and CL double like as they have had Courtois two years running and trying for a third year

Really we either have to accept the loan system as its gonna be a big part of the future for us mate, turning down a player of Lukaku's ability out of spite or from feeling butthurt that Chelsea won't sell is foolish

Nah theirs no restriction on foreign loans at all mate unless I have read the rules wrong, domestic is limited to 2 and no more than 1 from each team domestically as well, looking at the chelsea loans they have like 6 or more at one team in Holland for example, may also be a limit on to how many loan players can play at one time - but that's speculation as not sure on that bit
Didn't realise there was no restriction on foreign loans. If that's the case, we should be chasing De Guzman. Villareal are apparently open to the ida of loaning him to Swansea for a third season, but he hasn't played as regularly under Monk as he did when Laudrup was in charge. There's also the fact that Swansea couldn't match last season's achievements this year. http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...-desire-stay/story-21091489-detail/story.html

Would be excellent addition to the squad, capable of playing CM or ACM and with prem and international experience. I wonder if the prospect of playing for us would appeal to him?

Sorry for going off-topic. I suppose this should be in the transfer speculation thread.

Yes all of them have seemed to fit in well with the rest of the team and haven't seem rumours of off field problems - squad harmony if an underrated asset in my view. One of the major differences for Man City vs last year.

And it is really hard to intergrate many new players, especially if they are from other leagues/cultures as well as Spurs have found out.

Interesting how it is going to work out for UTd as they will need quite a few new players and also Liverpool are rumoured to be going for a large clearout
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/14/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-clear-out-champions-league

the rs and united both could end in a right mess, the one good thing about Martinez in the loan market is he has used it all his career a lot, think of the amount of players he loaned in from bigger teams at Wigan and it is actually something i overlooked completely until mid season, he's comfortable using it, he is used to bedding in loan players from other teams and making them feel part of HIS team, very very good man management skills from him as can imagine it must be one of the hardest things to achieve in footy making a player under contract to a rival feel at home and give his all for your team.

Something the Portuguese managers seem to excel at actually, given the turnover of players they face each season and a reason why Spurs were foolish to can AVB so quickly (although he was no Mourinho)

Didn't realise there was no restriction on foreign loans. If that's the case, we should be chasing De Guzman. Villareal are apparently open to the ida of loaning him to Swansea for a third season, but he hasn't played as regularly under Monk as he did when Laudrup was in charge. There's also the fact that Swansea couldn't match last season's achievements this year. http://www.southwales-eveningpost.c...-desire-stay/story-21091489-detail/story.html

Would be excellent addition to the squad, capable of playing CM or ACM and with prem and international experience. I wonder if the prospect of playing for us would appeal to him?

Sorry for going off-topic. I suppose this should be in the transfer speculation thread.

Think theirs no limit due to it being under the governance of Uefa mate for foreign loans and internal loans are governed by the Premiership rules, will link your the legislation and rule covering it

The Premier League rules
The Premier League rules relating to temporary loan transfers are contained in Section 5, Rule V5 to V10 of the Premier League Handbook. They restrict the number of loan players a Premier League team can have in one season to four and no more than one player can be loaned from a particular club. No more than two players can be registered at one time by a club (unless that player becomes permanent or is an emergency goalkeeper).

Loophole
Neither the Premier League nor the Football League rules contain such restrictions in relation to international loans. When a player joins a club from an international association, the leagues recognise that player as a new signing. They do not register that player as a loan signing but as a permanent transfer while FIFA recognise the player as being on loan. So, in essence, a team could have 11 international loan players in the team on a match day without breaking any Premier League or Football League regulations.

Really we either have to accept the loan system as its gonna be a big part of the future for us mate, turning down a player of Lukaku's ability out of spite or from feeling butthurt that Chelsea won't sell is foolish

This.

If we can get him in on loan again, it does nothing but help the team. As others have said before, it frees up cash for other areas that need strengthening.

This.

If we can get him in on loan again, it does nothing but help the team. As others have said before, it frees up cash for other areas that need strengthening.

My thought is mate, if he arrives on loan again on day one will the players at us be made up to see him and be buzzing, and the answer tells ya all we need to know about getting him on loan another year really, soon as he has out shirt on again i forget hes a loan and just enjoy us having a boss striker finally again

the rs and united both could end in a right mess, the one good thing about Martinez in the loan market is he has used it all his career a lot, think of the amount of players he loaned in from bigger teams at Wigan and it is actually something i overlooked completely until mid season, he's comfortable using it, he is used to bedding in loan players from other teams and making them feel part of HIS team, very very good man management skills from him as can imagine it must be one of the hardest things to achieve in footy making a player under contract to a rival feel at home and give his all for your team.

Something the Portuguese managers seem to excel at actually, given the turnover of players they face each season and a reason why Spurs were foolish to can AVB so quickly (although he was no Mourinho)
The loan system is a bit odd in that you have an extra short window for the player to get comfortable to settle and perform so it can be a sink or swim situation. At least if you sign a 3 year contract you'll probably get 6 months to find your way in the team but loanees rarely get that luxury.

Some people thrive on that sort of pressure whilst others would be poor at it. For example think Baines is the type of guy who really needs things settled and his role clear which might be why he never seemed to do well in the England team when under direct competition by Cole. His best performance in an england shirt was when Cole was not even in the squad due to injury.

Don't agree on the AVB shout though - always struck me as being more interested in the tactics and the formations than he was in the personnel used in them, a bit of a cold fish. A weird hybrid of AVB and Sherwood might have worked though as the latter is pure emotion!

The loan system is a bit odd in that you have an extra short window for the player to get comfortable to settle and perform so it can be a sink or swim situation. At least if you sign a 3 year contract you'll probably get 6 months to find your way in the team but loanees rarely get that luxury.

Some people thrive on that sort of pressure whilst others would be poor at it. For example think Baines is the type of guy who really needs things settled and his role clear which might be why he never seemed to do well in the England team when under direct competition by Cole. His best performance in an england shirt was when Cole was not even in the squad due to injury.

Don't agree on the AVB shout though - always struck me as being more interested in the tactics and the formations than he was in the personnel used in them, a bid of a cold fish. A weird hybrid of AVB and Sherwood might have worked though as the latter is pure emotion!

Aye probably right about AVB, i think a lot of the loan thing is down to how well the manager can just make a player feel a part of the team mate, take Cleverley at United, he played his best form on loan due to the belief Martinez fostered in him and the encouragement to play his own game, at United he was treated the opposite way and imploded into a shell

Same thing could be said with Kevin De Bruyne as well - excelled on loan when given the belief and stunted at Chelsea due to the pressure put upon him to fit into the Managers mentality

Aye probably right about AVB, i think a lot of the loan thing is down to how well the manager can just make a player feel a part of the team mate, take Cleverley at United, he played his best form on loan due to the belief Martinez fostered in him and the encouragement to play his own game, at United he was treated the opposite way and imploded into a shell
Martinez has an almost hypnotic quality about him, an infectious positivity that clearly affected both cleverley and Naismith - as you say am sure this helps to settle in new players.

The optimism has even spread to the fans - he's got me thinking we are going to not onlynhave a positive net spend this year but that it might be in the 20million region! Hopefully on Lukaku in one way or another.

Martinez has an almost hypnotic quality about him, an infectious positivity that clearly affected both cleverley and Naismith - as you say am sure this helps to settle in new players.

The optimism has even spread to the fans - he's got me thinking we are going to not onlynhave a positive net spend this year but that it might be in the 20million region!

I think 35m mate, god knows why but Its Bobbies eyes that done it

If we wait (or have to) till after the WC, we won't get him. Even if he doesn't play well, but is 'lucky' enough to score a goal or two his value will have gone up again. Now is the time to make a bid.

To be honest I don't see Chelsea selling Lukaku, I truly hope I am wrong like, but the lad is clearly going to be a star in the not to distant future. It would be the equivalent of us selling Ross a year or 2 ago, he was deemed not quite ready for our first team, but it was common knowledge that the lad was going to be an immense talent.

Groucho like me do you actually think him resigning and being as part of the resign loaned to us for another year could be the best situation this summer as far as us as a team being in the strongest position to push on?
I think it's only good if he stays here.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/16/football-transfer-rumours-mario-mandzukic-chelsea
Otherwise, Chelsea continue to hawk David Luiz around, with bothBarcelona and Bayern Munich keen to reinforce suspect defences with another defensively suspect defender. Peptides Guardiola is thought to have more money to waste and is also unlikely to be deterred by a request that Mario Mandzukic form part of the deal. Though, with Diego Costa likely to be Chelsea's first-choice next term, quite what's in it for the player, apart from loads and loads and loads of money, remains to be seen. As does Mourinho's excuse for failure next season.

Think the original source is this
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-luiz-mandzukic-plus-3547100

Not sure how reliable the links are with Mandzukic but if Chelsea get both him and Costa, plus them potentially keeping Torres as noone else wants to match his wages, cannot see Lukaku gretting much game time at Chelsea next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back