Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im worried that so many people think we have 20m. How long have you guys supported Everton for? We spent 13m on McCarthy last season. Thats this decades kitty already 3 quarters spent. I feel we have a lot of fantasy supporters atm. Have they jumped from the man u sinking ship?

Then why are we looking to sign anyone? Lukaku got injured and we looked weak. Lukaku probably wont last a full season, 2/3 games a week so lets not strengthen, lets rely on Kone and see if we manage to get traore on another loan...
Conveniently ignoring the fact that Kone and Traore were both injured when Lukaku went down, aren't you?

If Kone stays on the wage bill, presumably Martinez thinks he can contribute. And it's been suggested that he's very keen on bringing Traore back again. If those two are both fit and Lukaku returns, why would you sign a big-wage striker for £8m+ in preference to bolstering a different position, where there might be less depth?

I believe we'll only get one of Lukaku and Remy in, because:
1) most of the time we play a lone striker
2) we aren't going to splurge a huge amount on several signings - Martinez is going to work the loan market for all its worth.
3) We already have Kone and Naismith, and we've no chance of shifting Kone to anyone else.
4) In light of the above, it would be pointless having one or other of Lukaku and Remy on the bench every week, in turn leaving Kone and Traore not even in the matchday squad.

Just my hunch.

Then why are we looking to sign anyone? Lukaku got injured and we looked weak. Lukaku probably wont last a full season, 2/3 games a week so lets not strengthen, lets rely on Kone and see if we manage to get traore on another loan...

He pretty much managed an entire season on his own and done quite well, he can only benefit from that experience. Also, we'll have Kone to bear the load. He's a capable striker.. the only worry is how will he recover after the injury. I think it's pretty much nailed on we're getting Traore on loan for another season; why else would he have stayed? Monaco have plenty of decent strikers on their books as it stands too. By all accounts he can certainly offer something to the team. Add Naismith to that mix who can do a fine job.

Plus, you've got to consider that Barkley will be a year wiser too. His increasingly menacing presence behind the strikers will help them out no end.

I really don't think there'll be any need to spend on another striker if Lukaku signs for another season. As much as I would love for us to sign him permanently another year's loan is probably the most beneficial route for both Rom and Chelsea. That's what takes primacy here sadly.

Its small club mentality.

Look at liverpool, they have Coutinho, looking to sign Lallana who plays the exact same position.

I dont hear any of their fans complaining even though they clearly need two centre backs.

Were crying out for forwards. Even if Lukaku comes back on loan, imo Kone and Traore wont prove good enough to cover injuries, suspensions and all the cup competitions. If you can buy a 20 goal a season forward for £10M you buy him.

Conveniently ignoring the fact that Kone and Traore were both injured when Lukaku went down, aren't you?

If Kone stays on the wage bill, presumably Martinez thinks he can contribute. And it's been suggested that he's very keen on bringing Traore back again. If those two are both fit and Lukaku returns, why would you sign a big-wage striker for £8m+ in preference to bolstering a different position, where there might be less depth?

I believe we'll only get one of Lukaku and Remy in, because:
1) most of the time we play a lone striker

2) we aren't going to splurge a huge amount on several signings - Martinez is going to work the loan market for all its worth.
3) We already have Kone and Naismith, and we've no chance of shifting Kone to anyone else.
4) In light of the above, it would be pointless having one or other of Lukaku and Remy on the bench every week, in turn leaving Kone and Traore not even in the matchday squad.

Just my hunch.

Remy can also play as a wide attacking player, in a 4-3-3, like Mirallas.

Did Man U ask why they were buying Van Persie when they had Rooney?

Liverpool ask why are we buying Sturridge when we have Suarez?

Remy is a quality goal scorer for me and who cares if hes 27? In his prime we shouldnt always be looking for resale value from every signing we make because if they work out you dont want to have to sell them anyway.

Its small club mentality.

Look at liverpool, they have Coutinho, looking to sign Lallana who plays the exact same position.

I dont hear any of their fans complaining even though they clearly need two centre backs.

Were crying out for forwards. Even if Lukaku comes back on loan, imo Kone and Traore wont prove good enough to cover injuries, suspensions and all the cup competitions. If you can buy a 20 goal a season forward for £10M you buy him.

Liverpool's income is significantly larger than us. This is the singular reason they can spend 20-30m per season and why we can't. It's nothing to do with mentality.

Agree 100% with this. If we get Lukaku back, I see no need for Remy.

I would be surprised if Chelsea were to loan us any players this coming season.

The team showed enough to suggest we are not far off a top four place and as Chelsea are a team whose top four place would be at risk from an upwardly mobile EFC it wouldn't make any sense for them to loan us a striker, IMO.

I think we either buy Lukaku or we say goodbye to him.

But I can't see him being on loan here again.

I don't have any ITK, i don't even have a clue if we'll spend a penny.

But what i will say is, imagine being able to play Remy in Europe/Cup/Bring on with 20 mins left in prem games, and starting Rom in prem games and coming on for Remy in Europe.

GIVE US THE TROPHY NOW!!

A loan would be ideal. 12 months is a long time in football. Mourinho might be gone, and a new fella in, that doesn't go for the big man up top. He might be injury plagued or red rom might fancy getting a few Torres style playthings again.

Plus it gives us a chance to strengthen further with this years money.

It's no lose for us if it comes off!

I dont understand you people, we need all the extra players we can in order to cover the extra matches we will have next season! On our way to winning the UEFA cup, League cup and FA cup.

Liverpool's income is significantly larger than us. This is the singular reason they can spend 20-30m per season and why we can't. It's nothing to do with mentality.

sorry but thats complete garbage. Because my response was aimed at someone saying 'we dont need Remy'

Finances were never mentioned once.

You need all the quality players you can get, end of story. Finances either allow that or they dont.

For me, CF is the position we are weakest in. When fit, weve got midfielders coming out of our ears, weve got 4 centre halves. Baines is covered by Garbutt. Coleman has no understudy, i have no idea about Hibbos contract but realistically we should be ok.

We NEED forwards - 2 of them as it stands because we have Kone - and Naismith. Lukaku is gone and Traore also.

So even if Lukaku comes back...we need 1 more and that should be the best quality available. I cant see anyone better available for £10M than Remy who is proven in the prem.

That Morata for £10M shout in the transfer thread is comical. I wouldnt mind that kid from Belgium we were linked with in Jan, but he isnt proven at this level.

Did Man U ask why they were buying Van Persie when they had Rooney?

Liverpool ask why are we buying Sturridge when we have Suarez?

Remy is a quality goal scorer for me and who cares if hes 27? In his prime we shouldnt always be looking for resale value from every signing we make because if they work out you dont want to have to sell them anyway.

Bit different though isn't it?

RVP was part of a 63mil pound spending spree that included Powel for 6m, Zaha for 13mil and Kagawa for 12m.. Its not that suprising that were not bothered about paying 22mil for a proven world class player from a rival top quality English team.

Sturridge was part of a 50mil spree including players like Borini 10mil, Allen 15mil and Coutinho for 8.5... another 12mil doesn't really make much difference really.

We wouldn't have that luxury though, if we bought an expensive striker... we can pretty much close the transfer window. A resale value means we get to do it again in the future though,

A loan would be ideal. 12 months is a long time in football. Mourinho might be gone, and a new fella in, that doesn't go for the big man up top. He might be injury plagued or red rom might fancy getting a few Torres style playthings again.

Plus it gives us a chance to strengthen further with this years money.

It's no lose for us if it comes off!
Loan would be ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back