Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I think Lukaku is great, but I don't think he's the buy we're looking for. We need a bargain and with Lukaku we're going to end up paying cost price or over-the-odds. £20-£25m that we don't really have, for a 10-15 goal-per-season striker.

Liverpool signed Torres and then Suarez for £20-£25m each. This is the sort of transfer we need to try for.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lukaku is great, but I don't think he's the buy we're looking for. We need a bargain and with Lukaku we're going to end up paying cost price or over-the-odds. £20-£25m that we don't really have, for a 10-15 goal-per-season striker.

Liverpool signed Torres and then Suarez for £20-£25m each. This is the sort of transfer we need to try for.
So you don't think we should sign lukaku for £20m-£25m because we can't afford it. You think we should be signing a £20m-£25m striker instead?

Are you drunk?

HAHAHA!

£25M? Bargain. Get him signed up. Roberto and him have quite clearly already talked about the possibility of coming back next Season, so lets wait and see.

So you don't think we should sign lukaku for £20m-£25m because we can't afford it. You think we should be signing a £20m-£25m striker instead?

Are you drunk?

Not drunk, just sleepy!
It does appear I've totally contradicted myself!

Basically, I rate Lukaku, just not quite as much as others here. I know he's young and could develop further, but personally I don't think he will, much. I know I could be very wrong, but I reckon he'll stay at this level and will only ever be worth £20m or less.

What I'm saying is (hope I don't come across as a red here) - Torres and Suarez were bought for the same money but can be offloaded for x2 x3 x4 their original signing fee - hence my term 'bargain'.

We've sniffed out many bargains in our team before; no reason we can't do it with a striker.

Would be a massive two fingers to all the ones in the media who said what are we gowna do when all our loans returned if we sign Barry n re sign Del Boy n lukaku. Very slim chance but I would fap everywhere.

If we got Lukaku back on loan and signed Remy, for example, that would seriously improve the squad next season. Would love us to sign the big man permanently though!

If we got Lukaku back on loan and signed Remy, for example, that would seriously improve the squad next season. Would love us to sign the big man permanently though!
BBC Radio Merseyside reporting that he's to sign a new deal at Chelsea then be loaned straight back to us.

BBC Radio Merseyside reporting that he's to sign a new deal at Chelsea then be loaned straight back to us.

id rather have that than someone like spurs or arsenal buy him for a fee and wages we just cant afford. I think he has a future at chelsea, I dont see how were ever going to raise his transfer fee tbh.

About the best we could hope for, im past getting all wound up about the board failing us. The fans just accept it and its more important i just enjoy going the game now rather than the politics.

Hope we back this up with a permanent striker though. Remy for circa £10M would be brillaint

If it's true it's great news because we have him for the whole season without paying out a transfer fee while we can spend whatever money we do have on other players.

Imagine having Lukaku and Remy next season. We could really compete for the top 3 places if that came off.

We need to go all out to try and sign him. Very easy to forget he's only just turned 21.

Still very raw but he is a natural goalscorer who's only going to get better and better

IF Lukaku signs a new deal at Chelsea we will never see him here on a perminant deal.

Next season we could have an amazing side with him and Deulofeu back on loan, but we would seriously need to find an amazing striker of our own in this window.

Then hopefully pay the 50m it would take to get Rom on the back of quadrupal winners!

Be made up with another loan deal.

But, sort of does tell us that Chelsea really do see him having a future with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back