Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that while we are not playing Champions league:
A) can't afford him
B) can't offer him the football he wants to play to make a move permanent.

But if he signs a new contract with Chelsea and comes back on loan and we do get champions league then we still won't be able to get him:
A) his value will have risen
B) he will be on a longer contract on more money.

Sadly I think our only time to sign him permanently would of been to get champion leauge this season and that boat has sailed unfortunately.

Reports are saying that, chelsea will offer him a new deal and loan him back to us in the hope that his value will raise further so they can make a decent profit on him.

My only concern with having him back on loan rather than a permanent, is that I can then imagine we have a Summer of very little spending.

We'll be told the money will be saved for next season when we have to replace Lukaku once he's gone back to Chelsea.

In an ideal world, we loan Lukaku, buy another striker (Remy?) and also an attacking mid and central defender.

Loan lukaku another year

Buy tadic for 10m
Buy markovic for 20m
Sign barry
Loan dele
Promote ledson, browning, garbutt and lundstram
Loan toure
Loan kovatic from inter
Loan jovatic

That team would challenge for the leagu, uefa, fa cup for a 30m outlay

He aint got them dreads anymore so cant we just keep him and send them Guaye instead? They've got so many players as if they would even notice

He aint got them dreads anymore so cant we just keep him and send them Guaye instead? They've got so many players as if they would even notice

Poor Magaye, wandering around aimlessly wondering why the pies taste different, when Liverpool got so big and why everyone is calling him Rom.

It's almost like his life has passed him by and everything around him has changed.

He'd be none the wiser.

BBC Radio Merseyside reporting that he's to sign a new deal at Chelsea then be loaned straight back to us.

I'm amazed that the lad himself is prepared to commit to Chelsea again tbh.

It'd be great news for us though, as we could maybe bring in Remy aswell....

BBC Radio Merseyside reporting that he's to sign a new deal at Chelsea then be loaned straight back to us.

But that Mourinho doesn't like him though! You know, cos he criticized him a little bit in the media that means he's deffo deffo being sold.

If we got Lukaku on another year loan it'd be absolutely fantastic. Remy is an excellent striker so it'd be brilliant to have the pair of them. Only problem is he's got no sell on value afterwards. This is a massive hindrance to a club like ours. On the contingent that we got Lukaku for another year I'd be tempted to save the money and add next season's 20m to it; go all out for a top top striker then. I think Lukaku, Kone, Traore and Naismith would tide us over for the year just fine.

If we got Lukaku on another year loan it'd be absolutely fantastic. Remy is an excellent striker so it'd be brilliant to have the pair of them. Only problem is he's got no sell on value afterwards. This is a massive hindrance to a club like ours. On the contingent that we got Lukaku for another year I'd be tempted to save the money and add next season's 20m to it; go all out for a top top striker then. I think Lukaku, Kone, Traore and Naismith would tide us over for the year just fine.
Agree 100% with this. If we get Lukaku back, I see no need for Remy.

I'd be disappointed if Lukaku signed a new deal and was loaned back to us again. I mean, it'd be great to get him for another year but it'd just bump his price up even more and if we didn't get Champions League next season then I don't think he'd stay beyond that.

Can't help but feel that people are so misguided, automatically reasoning that because of someone's age they are going to double in value or something, i think we need to stop going on about sell on value all the time regarding any player that might improve the squad, just getting something out of a player for a price can have it's rewards too you know rather than just buying someone for a profit down the line

Agree 100% with this. If we get Lukaku back, I see no need for Remy.

Then why are we looking to sign anyone? Lukaku got injured and we looked weak. Lukaku probably wont last a full season, 2/3 games a week so lets not strengthen, lets rely on Kone and see if we manage to get traore on another loan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back