Romelu Lukaku's Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see 20 million being enough. Liverpool have bid 20 for Lallana, 26 years old, but Southampton are thought to be holding out for 25.

They have also apparently, rejected United's bid of 27 million for Luke Shaw so why would Chelsea accept a bid of 20 million for a 20 year old striker who has just scored 32 goals in the last 2 season's?

Put it this way, if it was us who brought Lukaku for 12-17 million as an 18 year old kid, he scores roughly a goal every other game (32 in 60 odd games) and was still only 20 years old, would you expect the club to sell for 20 million if that bid came in?

There would be uproar and Kenwright would need to employ a bodyguard.

We got 27 million for Fellaini!!

Some on here who put him on their wish list for "15 million plus add ons" are living in cloud cuckoo land. It just doesn't add up.

I just can't see 20 million being enough. Liverpool have bid 20 for Lallana, 26 years old, but Southampton are thought to be holding out for 25.

They have also apparently, rejected United's bid of 27 million for Luke Shaw so why would Chelsea accept a bid of 20 million for a 20 year old striker who has just scored 32 goals in the last 2 season's?

Put it this way, if it was us who brought Lukaku for 12-17 million as an 18 year old kid, he scores roughly a goal every other game (32 in 60 odd games) and was still only 20 years old, would you expect the club to sell for 20 million if that bid came in?

There would be uproar and Kenwright would need to employ a bodyguard.

We got 27 million for Fellaini!!

Some on here who put him on their wish list for "15 million plus add ons" are living in cloud cuckoo land. It just doesn't add up.

Shaw and Lallana's price have the English infaltion added to it already mate that's why, neither are worth what they will be bought for, if they were Portuguese or Spanish they Shaw would fetch 10-13m and Lallana would be in the 10-12m bracket of player

If Lukaku was English the starting price would be 30m guaranteed but he isn't so the price will be realistic

That ray wiksons fella was saying today he thinks Lukaku is staying at Chelsea. Did any one see that on SKY? He is kinda in with Chelsea does he know something?

Arsenal should have signed him as well, liverpool pretended that their was no release clause in place when actually their has been one all along and arsenal had met it.

I thought John Henry admitted Arsenal met the release clause but they just flat out refused to abide by it. Just like the Dnipro chairman did when they tried to sign Konoplyanka.

anyone worried that man city will need to include 8 english homegrown players in their 23 man squad next season

richards leaving, barry leaving, rodwell and boyata's futures unknown, wright seems to be just simply be in that squad for the sole purpose of man city meeting the quota

its redonculous

seriously worried barkley and shaw will leave if city come in with 100 mil bids.

Shaw and Lallana's price have the English infaltion added to it already mate that's why, neither are worth what they will be bought for, if they were Portuguese or Spanish they Shaw would fetch 10-13m and Lallana would be in the 10-12m bracket of player

If Lukaku was English the starting price would be 30m guaranteed but he isn't so the price will be realistic

But Fellaini isn't British and he went for 27m. The thing we have going for us is that Chelsea are not going to want a 21-year-old striker leading their line in CL and in a PL title hunt. To Chelsea, he is expendable. Perhaps if we can get business done early in the summer we can get him for 20m+ add-ons. I just worry he will be priced out of our range, especially when we need to add squad depth.

anyone worried that man city will need to include 8 english homegrown players in their 23 man squad next season

richards leaving, barry leaving, rodwell and boyata's futures unknown, wright seems to be just simply be in that squad for the sole purpose of man city meeting the quota

its redonculous

seriously worried barkley and shaw will leave if city come in with 100 mil bids.

I assume you mean Stones ?alright it is a possibility but I think they both love playing for Everton and Roberto, can't see either wanting to leave and risk messing up their development, they're getting regular game time here and a first look at European football next year.

If City start chucking silly money around won't they fail the FFP next year? they already have a £50 mil fine that they need to fit within the regs over the next three years.

Lukaku should be bought if a deal can be done. I am not saying he is the best available, I am sure there are others but it would be a massive gamble. Batsuayi I have no idea. Could be good, could be van wolfswinkel or soldado bad. Bony would cost more than Rom. Longer contract, settled and star man.

We saw early season how predictable we were with Jelavic and Kone. Looked toothless when he was injured scraping past Villa and losing at Spurs and Chelsea. We need a presence upfront.

As a signal of intent, signing Lukaku would be as good as it gets.

My gut tells me it is an impossibility, but at least Roberto is going to have a go.

As a signal of intent, signing Lukaku would be as good as it gets.
Soccer---Roberto-Martinez-008.jpg

Think Lukaku qualifies as "homegrown" under the premier league rules next year as he joined chelsea in august 2011 and he is 21 on today 13th May (Happy birthday Rom).

Depends on when seasons officially start and end but think he fits this unless I have my calcs horrendously wrong.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/home-grown-quota-for-premier-league.html
"A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)."

If he does qualify as homegrown it's not quite the same thing as the " English premium"but with the FA threatening to tighten foreign player rules and the proposed FFP sactions for City think it adds soemthing to his price, especially for those clubs like City & Chelsea who don't have many homegrown players.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back