Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There just doesn't seem to be an idea. The teams are being selected at random, it's as if he's hoping to stumble on a best 11. Other than that, we're playing the same formations and systems with a donkey who hasn't the first clue about playing as a lone striker. There's so little to be optimistic about apart from Gueye

that's the problem though prev, the team isn't getting picked at random, I wish it bloody was!! He's picking the same players on the same formation over and over and over again. at least if it was picked at random he would stumble upon something.

that whole back 5 today could have no arguments if all of them are dropped next game. the odd random change like Cleverley against utd and McCarthy today just looks like "I can't be arsed finding another alternative".

I'm not saying he should be sacked or I want him sacked, but if he got sacked today I would just go "meh" and not be that arsed or surprised. I would literally change the whole 11 on Tuesday, give about 5 youngsters a game and say "no pressure, go out there, give it what you've got and there's a Merseyside derby slot up for grabs if you want it bad enough". Will it work? probably not and we would probably get beat 3-1, 4-1 but at least they would walk off given everything.

The current shower of shyte will probably get stuffed 4-1, 5-1 because they are passed it, has been, not good enough, up their own arses tits who don't have a drop of professional pride between them from what I'm currently seeing and that's what I can't stomach.

It might not be cool or the Everton way sacking a manger after 15 games but there is a reason managers get sacked after 15 games, I'll let you figure that out for yourself.(oh and out of the 1st cup entered straight away)

For those on Koeman back already. Do you even acknowledge that our squad is garbage and our team needs rebuilding?
Do you think our squad is weaker than Burnley's, Swansea's and Watford's, teams we couldn't beat? Because if you do then you must think we are heading for the championship because a minimum of 1 of them will go down. Also, if you do then you must think Martinez was a wizard with his 11th place finishes with essentially the same squad. I think none of those things are true, which means there is something wrong beyond the playing squad. Our squad is not fantastic but it isn't as bad as some Koeman apologists are trying to make out.

Watford out fought and out thought us today and deserved everything they got from the game. We are shambolic. But at least Koeman had a cunning plan, play McCarthy up top and run around for Lukaku. There is no rhyme nor reason to our play we are too predictable and too sterile with no movement up top.

Two wingers are played and told to hug the touchline so much so, that they have no room to work in and stifle the full backs bombing on. It becomes too clustered. And when they do put in the crosses there is only one player in the middle - Lukaku - who is useless at heading a ball if he is challenged. It wasn't until Deulofeu, either by design - which I doubt it - or he took it upon himself to come inside and he started running the game and we looked threatening. But what did Koeman do with the subs? Put Deulofeu back on the wing where he became less effective. Incredible.

At least near the end when we were chasing the game we had two up top and players in the box. We need to start the game like that. If Koeman insists on playing Lukaku up top he needs someone with him to do the donkey work. And typical Lukaku for their first goal, he loses the ball - one of 10 he lost in the first half because he can't control the ball. I wonder if he ever practices trapping the ball along with trying to win headers. He is absolutely woeful at judging the flight of the ball.

We need movement up top and Koeman should have them in for extra training - if he can be bothered to get off the golf course that is - to practice practice and practice even more. We can't defend - he has made Williams look like a Sunday League defender who resorts to hoof ball - and I don't know what Baines was doing for the first when he got back, he should have been 5 yards goal side to stop a right footed cross but he just stop and hid behind Mori.

Koeman needs to start earning his money and get on the practice ground and actually practice defending and while he is at it try and tell the players to pass and move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back