Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that there's still some belief that the players aren't good enough to get more than one win since the middle of September....the ones who got us off to "the best start to a season ever".

Let's face it, the players haven't downed tools on Koeman - Koeman has downed tools on them. He's alienated them and cut them out of his future plans. It's the most clueless managerial performance and strategy seen at this club for decades. He has to stop what he's doing and start again.

Absolutely this, every single interview he gives he makes it clear that the players he currently "manages" aren't good enough, and will be shipped out as soon as he can sort it out. Imagine overhearing your boss saying that your rubbish and they're looking to replace you, I'd stop trying too.

There doesn't look to be any sort of relationship between the players and the manager at all, that is down to the manager to create, and he's failed miserably at it.

Absolutely this, every single interview he gives he makes it clear that the players he currently "manages" aren't good enough, and will be shipped out as soon as he can sort it out. Imagine overhearing your boss saying that your rubbish and they're looking to replace you, I'd stop trying too.

There doesn't look to be any sort of relationship between the players and the manager at all, that is down to the manager to create, and he's failed miserably at it.

They are pathetic tbf, I can't wait to see the back of them.

They look like they're trying to me. They just aren't confident. They're by and large decent players. But the manager is giving them nothing other than self doubt.

This.

There seems to be a pattern emerging.

We find ourselves behind or level with fifteen or twenty minutes to go and it is all guns ablaze.

That is what happened yesterday.....it happened against United.....and Swansea.

The commitment is there when the chips are down.

But for some reason he cannot get them on the front foot from the getgo.

Yesterday it was almost as if they didn't know what they were expected to do when they went in front.

This might be coming from the tactical plan drawn up before the game.

Unfortunately Martinez refused to acknowledge that the team needed to work on defensive matters and the players lost belief in what he was doing.

I think there was a lot more to it than that mate. Every man and his dog could see we were taking six passes when one would do

Got to admit, I'm very frustrated with how things have gone, thought we had started to turn the corner at the start of the season picking up points and looking more like ourselves If un spectacular in doing so. The insistence on playing one up front going back to Martinez's time is the one constant annoyance, surely, as antiquated as it is, it can't hurt playing two forwards together, it's shown in the past to bring the very best out of Rom so why not play Valencia up there starting Tuesday until we bring a better quality striker in in the window?

This.

There seems to be a pattern emerging.

We find ourselves behind or level with fifteen or twenty minutes to go and it is all guns ablaze.

That is what happened yesterday.....it happened against United.....and Swansea.

The commitment is there when the chips are down.

But for some reason he cannot get them on the front foot from the getgo.

Yesterday it was almost as if they didn't know what they were expected to do when they went in front.

This might be coming from the tactical plan drawn up before the game.

It's been like that for the best part of 2 years, it's like we're waiting to go behind. It all boils down to the players being bags of [Poor language removed] with the mental strength of watercress

I think there was a lot more to it than that mate. Every man and his dog could see we were taking six passes when one would do
I agree, I was simplifying it but I think the defending was the main issue. I know Jagielka & Baines tried to address it with him towards end of first season but he didn't want to know.

Do you have the link?

Blaming the away support for not being vocal enough and not getting behind the team yesterday as well, he's clutching at straws now.

When did he do this?

Post match on the ESPN stream mate, chatting to some American woman.

Where has the rumours about him only working 3 days a week and leaving early come from? I want to believe it obviously to fuel my dislike of him, but I've never seen where he has said this. Can someone link it?

He admitted it post match on the ESPN stream chatting to some American woman.

@Bungle's initial claim about ESPN has never been disproved. My claim similarly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back