Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, something internally must have gone sour for the massive sudden downing of tools by all accounts (all conjecture) of either the players or Koeman.

Do you think the players are thinking 'why should we put in 100% when this dutch moonface is only working 3 days a week.
They look like they're trying to me. They just aren't confident. They're by and large decent players. But the manager is giving them nothing other than self doubt.

We. Will. Not. Get. Relegated.

In sure that the early 90s horror decade has scarred most for life, but if someone like Martinez can keep us up, I'm sure Koeman (or anyone half decent) will.

This.

We've got 20 points with a run of 1 win in 10. So can muster another 20 especially with a transfer window coming up.

Saying that it would be the ultimate "Everton that" to wait decades for a billionaire owner, finally get one and then get relegated!

My big worry with Koeman is that 15 games in, I have no idea what he's actually trying to do. The team look equally bereft of a plan A.

Lukaku (as shown yesterday), can't control a throw in. Yet our main tactic involves expecting him to control a 50 yard hoof from Mori?

Makes no sense.

Maybe is te because he doesn't feel he has the personel yet to play the way he wants to? I'm not making excuses for him because I too feel slightly dissapointed in his tenure so far. However, he did inherit an ageing team in massive need for fresh quality. Particularly in key positions. We put all our eggs in one basket in the summer and tried going balls deep on big names that never came off. I would expect to see an improved squad over next 2 windows, which at that point could really assess, with his own team, if things are progressing.

My big worry with Koeman is that 15 games in, I have no idea what he's actually trying to do. The team look equally bereft of a plan A.

Lukaku (as shown yesterday), can't control a throw in. Yet our main tactic involves expecting him to control a 50 yard hoof from Mori?

Makes no sense.

This is spot any, any decent manager can watch one of our games and see exactly what we are going to do in the following game, so easy to play against, there is at least a point going for anyone who wants it vs us.

The only hope I can think of going into the next 2 games, even thou its been a long long time since we beat a top 10 side we have playd a bit better against good sides this season, City and United, Spurs early in the season ok maybe not Chelsea but that might make it easier for us.... will prob still lose them bother anyway like but still!!

So koeman haters...if the worst does come to the worst, we get involved in a relegation struggle and he goes who would you have as his replacement ? Allardyce? Howe ? etc....lower prem managers and always will be..no fancy foreign managers would go near us..lets start early shall we ?
If Koeman carries on as he has then I'd like to see Unsworth given a chance on a temporary basis until the end of the season.

Koeman didn't know what he was getting himself into, bought the nonsense about Signing at the top level and accepted a DOF who was in the right place at the right time, but generally doesn't know what he's doing, nor have any respect in the game.

a lot of that isn't any of their faults, it's the people doing the hiring.

This is spot any, any decent manager can watch one of our games and see exactly what we are going to do in the following game, so easy to play against, there is at least a point going for anyone who wants it vs us.

The only hope I can think of going into the next 2 games, even thou its been a long long time since we beat a top 10 side we have playd a bit better against good sides this season, City and United, Spurs early in the season ok maybe not Chelsea but that might make it easier for us.... will prob still lose them bother anyway like but still!!

But you could probably say that about a lot of other teams too:
City - play from the back, soft centered
Utd- fairly conservative, look to break teams down on counter
red lot - quite attacking, try to be fluid in build ups, weak at the back, can be left exposed on counter
Spurs - pressing game, use attacking wing backs to get up the pitch at pace

And so on and on. The big difference is, it's one thing being able to predict hiw your oppo will play/ set up, the other is whether you can find a way to counter that.

Our problem is we don't currently seem to have the players to play the way Koeman wants us to. Similar issues with the transitions at City & Utd. Therefore other teams are exposing that

They look like they're trying to me. They just aren't confident. They're by and large decent players. But the manager is giving them nothing other than self doubt.
Got to agree, he keeps criticising them in public and absolving himself of all responsibility. I just don't like to see this & I've never seen it work for a manager in the long run. Even Mourinho found that out last season.

I was thinking about your championing of Favre before. After Emery I'd have liked him and with his approach with young players and the football his teams play I think he'd have been a much better fit than Koeman. Can't see him leaving Nice at minute though.

Don't think it'd be totally out of the question for a big money move to tempt him in the summer if it does come to that. He's 59, a chance to make the step up to the prem would defo make him think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back