Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton players have a mental fragility; they must be handled with kid gloves or they will either fall to pieces or 'down tools'.
Koeman has the sensitivity of Mister Hyde. It's no wonder our lads are not playing well.
We need a kinder, more nurturing environment for our boys. They need reassuring that they are under no performance pressure.
Perhaps EFC ("the people's club") might think toward replacing blunderbuss Ron with a woman manager - a woman of motherly, nurturing instinct. I think our lads might respond well to the no pressure environment a kindly mummy-like manager might provide.
Perhaps they might even begin to call her mummy...

Everton players - too fond of the mammys tit lol

Koeman said we played well for 25 minutes and then became negative, then after conceding goals decided we should play again and attacked them.
We didn't play well for 25 mins, we hoofed it and luckily, they were dire and didn't control possession and eventually one fell to Rom, who scored as he does.
Then as he said, we became negative and sat back, or we continued to hoof it and they kept the ball better. Our 'much improved defence' allowed 3 goals to be scored. Then, Barkley, Valencia and Lennon came on, we started to play the ball quickly on the ground. The 'on the ground' part shouldn't be underestimated because, it's how we should play. Hoofs up to the front invariably come back at us and as Rom, seems to be exempt from punishment (unlike Ross) for not pressing the ball (running), it's likely to continue.
If, he hasn't got the players that he needs, to play the way he wants to play, then he should accept it and play the way that best suits the players he's got.

+1

Stek and Bolasie have been bang average.

Williams has been good-ish but nowt like the player I thought we were getting.

Only Gana has been "acquitting" himself well on a regular basis IMO.

Not gonna disagree with much other than Gana.

Think you are selling him a little short as our obvious player of the season. For me noone else is in the conversation.

Not gonna disagree with much other than Gana.

Think you are selling him a little short as our obvious player of the season. For me noone else is in the conversation.

Not really....I was just answering in the style of the fellow I was replying to.

He said about Koeman's men being the only ones whom had "acquitted themselves well".

Gana has more than "acquitted himself well" and as you say, is the only contender for MVP this season ;)

Not really....I was just answering in the style of the fellow I was replying to.

He said about Koeman's men being the only ones whom had "acquitted themselves well".

Gana has more than "acquitted himself well" and as you say, is the only contender for MVP this season ;)

Ah...fair enough Khale.

Can we find 10 more of him please?

Such a frustrating time to be a blue with a squad that doesn't seem arsed and a manager that seems even less so.

I think Moshiri played us all incredibly well with his false promises. Therefore my MVP goes to him.

Koeman needs time. Remember what he inherited. And as everyone says the league table does not lie. We finished 11th at the end of last season. He is also changing our style of play from ticky tacky to a more direct style which will take time and new players. On the kids I think Koeman is spot on. I wouldn't bring anyone into that team at the moment. The environment is completely wrong for youngsters to be asked to play in. Attitude of some of the players is awful and the first mistake they would be lambasted by the fans. Especially the fans screaming for them to be played.

Koeman can go now as far as I'm concerned, style of play is dreadful, not what I want to see Everton play at all. we can't defend we can't keep the ball and we're short of ideas up front. Watford and WBA above us FFS. and very soon to be overtaken by Southampton, Bournemouth and Stoke. Arsenal will wipe the floor with us and I'm absolutely dreading the derby. I'm struggling to see a single point in the next 3 games. knee jerk? probably but I'm so disappointed with us at the moment. Hmph.

Whilst I agree he needs time however he keeps telling us what's wrong but not how he's going to fix it. What I want is some positives from him and passion. At Watford on Saturday he spent most of the game sat on his backside he needs to get on his feet encourage, berate and get involved in the game.

Really?
Ashley Williams and Bolasie? Come off it mate. Both average/sideways footballers who were never going to progress us as a club. NEVER.

Well, we needed a better defender - Williams came in and helped sure us up at first. He's had a bad game the other day but once we get a competent partner in for him it'll be fine.

Bolasie has made stuff happen. People hate on him due to the price tag, something that for one isn't in his control and secondly has been exaggerated by about £7mil... I'd rather have him in the side than Kev or (an out of form) Del prancing about.

Gueye has been excellent and Stek had a very good start. We should have got a better goalkeeper in though, no doubt.

a defea
Whilst I agree he needs time however he keeps telling us what's wrong but not how he's going to fix it. What I want is some positives from him and passion. At Watford on Saturday he spent most of the game sat on his backside he needs to get on his feet encourage, berate and get involved in the game.
a defeated man maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back